mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
F
This maybe a stupid question but in the channel that I frequent most of the users will use a (+nick) before their msg to specify who they are talking to. Like if I wanted to msg bob and my name was me then it would be something like this:
[20:57] <me> (+bob) Hey what's up man
I am wondering if there is a command for this but when I asked people in the channel they gave me grief. Then I read every command list I could find on the net and searched google and found nothing about it. What I figure is they have the name of the person they are talking to highlighted on their nick list and then they use some command or alias. If there is no command could you tell me a code that I could insert in my script that would do this? Thank you in advance for any help you could offer. confused

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
What you want is called either a nick styler or nick completor. At the moment Im too busy to post mine, but wanted to give you a heads up on what you'd be looking for smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
K
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
K
heres mine, do try to change it a bit ;p
Code:
on *:input:#: {
  if ($left($1,1) != /) {
    if ($remove($1,:) ison $active) &amp;&amp; ($2- != $null) {
      msg # 14( $+ 1 $+ $remove($1,:) $+ 14): $2-
      halt
    }
  }
}

_________
may death strike you.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Here's another option too:

Code:
on *:input:#: {
  if ((!$cmdbox) &amp;&amp; (*?: iswm $1) &amp;&amp; ($fline(#,$left($1,-1) $+ *,1,1))) {
    var %nick = $nick(#,$ifmatch)
    if (%nick == $me) {
      if ($fline(#,$left($1,-1) $+ *,2,1)) { %nick = $nick(#,$ifmatch) }
      else { return }
    }
    say -= $+ $nick(#,%nick).pnick $+ =- $2- | halt
  }
}

The above code will ignore your own nickname and not allow it to be triggered on the nick completer (just how I have it set). This was done for me (my personal nickname border has been removed - this is an example one) by somebody here (forget who - and MIGHT have been on the old board) and has worked brilliantly for my needs. Also, the (!$cmdbox) is there so it will only trigger on the NORMAL editbox and not mirc's (new) second one (which I use for all kinds of different things like op talking, etc).

Hope this helps the original poster to choose their own styler system smile

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard