Print Thread
#49041 12/09/03 08:50 PM
Z
zexr0 Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Z
It is possible to have exactly the same channel folder, because I used it to join my channels and now I have to join one channel at a time... That's very annoying ...

#49042 12/09/03 09:10 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I know this arent the right place.. but make a simple alias instead.
Code:

mychannels {
  join #channel1,#channel2,#channel3,#channel4
}

just paste that in ur alias "ALT + A", then you type: /mychannels and you will join your channels

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#49043 13/09/03 04:06 AM
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
The new channel folder system in mirc 6.1 operates almost exactly as the old one did, with the same features. The difference is the new layout.

It now lets you folderise channels, however this has replaced the old feature that would only show channels that are set to the active network when you right click the favorites (channel folder) icon.

I like that you can now organise it a little better, however it is a shame that the above feature was dropped. If i had to choose between the two i would have kept it the old way.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
#49044 14/09/03 05:46 PM
J
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
J
I might add, that was quite an annoyance.

Unlike many people, I have only a dozen or so channels that I join. I liked having a single list displayed with a right-click on the channel folder icon. I now either have to split them up into folders (useless for only one or two channels) or take the chance that I might click on the wrong one and be disconnected from the network I'm on.

Here's what I'd like to see:
1) an option when editing channels in the channel folder, "list this channel only when connected to the right network."
2) an option anywhere, "don't disconnect from current network when clicking on channel folder channels."
3) and an unrelated option, "hide favorites from menubar and use ALT+A to go to the aliases editor again."

Please disregard any of these options that exist. I looked for them everwhere, but I could be blind smile

Link Copied to Clipboard