mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
Dear god.. Can anyone please inform me why mIRC suddenly decided to act against me?!
I can't do ONE little thing without it disconnecting me and displaying the nice little
* [10053] Software caused connection abort message!

Someone please tell me what's the cause of this smirk (I am aware that you really can't though)
/!remote off has been typed.

I think I'll just go and cry for myself in a corner.

PS!: I just had to let out some steam...

Sincerely,
babyorphan, #Lobby @ geekIRC
-------
bOS2 - IRC client
version; 1.07
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
moderators please stick a huge banner on every page telling people how to use the search feature, kthx.

new username: tidy_trax
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
(pheonix): Go here.

(babyorphan): Try this list of related resources, and pay special attention to those posted by users with green nicknames.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i read it, i dont care...., its been said so many times that why should we help again?

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
wink

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
eh?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
With your post count of 1844, I had hoped you might be more support-minded and sympathetic toward someone with only 13 posts under their belt.

While you may know your way around this place like the back of your hand, not everybody has the same benifit of experience to guide them. This is where you extend a helping hand at the expense of your own time and patience.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
unless the person is blind(which i highly doubt), the search feature is in clear view especially considering they had to click right next to it to get to this message board :tongue:

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
So has the "use the search" line, it's also getting a bit waring. Reply with an informed answer or don't reply, simple.

B
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
B
Heh, I didn't think people would take this post so seriously, I just posted because I needed to let off some steam,
I can clearly see the Search function too, but most people pretty much say
"Oh.. duuuh-- naah, this ain't no mIRC related problem, it's your system"
(Read with hill-billy voice (Ok, might be considered cruel and mean, but it isn't intended that way)),
and I find it kinda weird that mIRC is the only application that's acting up this way.
But oh well.. once again, I'll just go into a corner and cry a little.
(And I kinda agree to the little furry dumpster rummaging animal there, I have 13 posts
(though I am aware of the Search function), and maybe someone with close to 2000 posts should
take that in consideration) before ratting down on him/her.
I didn't mean to tick anyones marbles off with the post. (Sorry?)

Sincerely,
babyorphan, #Lobby @ geekIRC
-------
bOS2 - IRC client
version; 1.07
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Because its why we're here. If you dont wish to take a few moments to explain how to use the search feature, or where to find a sticky post about the subject, then dont bother to reply at all. New users have every right to be treated with respect. As a new user, they may already be confused and upset and not have taken the time to look around. Sure, if they did they could prolly find the answer to their prob, but whats it hurt to politely say "this has been addressed many times, start by reading the post on _____ forum and..." followed by how to use the search feature for best results.
All a rude unhelpful reply does is reflect badly on this forum and by extension, mIRC itself.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
10053 is a bugger of an error, seems lots of ppl get it especially xp users. Try this thread in the connection area. It explains what others have tried. Doesnt seem to be any one solution fits all. The prob with 10053 is that the problem could be anywhere along the line confused

As for it being mIRC related, all i can tell you is some ppl get it, others dont. The things in that thread are the commonalities that have been reported and are worth a try.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard