mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
BoR0 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
B
I didnt knew how to explain this with words, but you can download my demo at this page.

After you watch it try that few times and you will suceed to the bug Im trying to explain wink It doesnt must to work with whois only, it also work for any of the CHAT/QUERY popups

I have found this bug since mIRC 6.03, I've expected it to be fixed in 6.1 but probably its not.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Your file is unavailable when linked directly as it is.

Furthermore, most of us are not thrilled with the idea of downloading a potentially dangerous file on these forums.

Do your best to explain the problem in words, and post a screen shot or two if necessary.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I did download it, in steps:
1. Join a channel
2. Open a query window to someone (the query window's switchbar button should be to the right of the channel's)
3. Go to the channel window and move your mouse over a nickname
4. Press ctrl+tab to switch to the query window.
5. Right-click and select Whois (or something similar)

For me it /whoises the person whos name the mouse was over in the channel window, instead of the person the query window is open to.

Edit:
Also, if there is text in the query and you move your mouse over it after completing steps 1-4 then perform step 5 it will /whois the word your mouse is over.

S
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
S
Quote:

Also, if there is text in the query and you move your mouse over it after completing steps 1-4 then perform step 5 it will /whois the word your mouse is over.

I couldn't get that to work like it says, but i got the first one to work.

mIRC 6.21 - Win XP Pro (SP2) - 2.4 Ghz - 1 GB Mem
irc.x-tab.org
B
BoR0 Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Quote:
Furthermore, most of us are not thrilled with the idea of downloading a potentially dangerous file on these forums.

mad

Dangerous file? First off, I would never harm mIRC's forums, as I am mIRC user since '99 and I very like mIRC and I'd do anything to keep it bug free.

Second, its format is in .zip file which is archive, and if you open it with WinZip, there's an .avi file in it, so there's no virus or anything which will harm your system.

For the ones who cannot download the file, try using

wget http://www.geocities.com/meeeedic/whoisbug.zip

in Linux/UNIX system, this sure works, or even try to open the webpage with Opera smirk

D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
in Linux/UNIX system, this sure works, or even try to open the webpage with Opera

It doesn't work with Mozilla in Linux. Gives me an error 404.
The wget does tho.

L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
if you go to http://www.geocities.com/meeeedic/ then add the whoisbug.zip after you load the index, it will work in IE. geocities is looking for the 'referer' from the browser.

evil is in the eye of the beholder
D
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
D
Quote:
if you go to http://www.geocities.com/meeeedic/ then add the whoisbug.zip after you load the index, it will work in IE.

No IE in Linux (thank god). I wget'd the file instead smile

Link Copied to Clipboard