mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Maybe you should learn some respect for people who know what they are talking about.

quote: "dont agree much, look at scoop script, IT IS CHARGED !!! and ALSO changed GUI on MIRC itself AND it still is "legal" to use and download"

First off, scoop script sucks because of the extrenme color abuse and spam

Second, charged? you mean it has all kinds of lame stuff added to it

Third, legal to use (if you did it yourself, yes) and download (hell no, read the license agreement you accepted when you installed it). Distributing modified files is not allowed dude.

Fourth, insulting people because they explain things like this to you is a big sign of immaturity. People like you are not needed on these forums, so go find some hacker forum to spend time on.

Fifth, "hacking is when you change the code" - and what do you think a resource hacker does? grow daisies and sunflowers in your garden?

Last: Not calling people names who disagree with you solely because they do so is a form of common decency. You should learn about that.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
To oriongods:
Quote:

and thanx to codemastr... seems he's only wise human here

Doesn't quite seem like it from here.
It seems that LocutusofBorg is the only wise human here, and also Andymps, I would say for backing me up but, I didn't really need it because I know what I saw.
To LocutusofBorg:
Quote:

Maybe you should learn some respect for people who know what they are talking about.

I do respect you because of your first and last post. grin
Now after that respectful speech,
"live and let die" - This thread, is dead. smile

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Hmm. maybe I screwed up - that remark was not for you, it was meant for oriongods. Apologies if you thought it was to you.

DALnet #Helpdesk
M
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
M
I agree with LocutusofBorg .
When you use the Resource Hancker to do someting with a program that don´t belong to you ( you are not the autor), you are modifying the code ( Ripping ).
But when you use the Remote , alianses, popups, dll , etc ...
you are not changing the code you are only puting up other code and stop the resource code off mirc.exe .

cool

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Na, I know it wasn't for me, I was just saying that even though Oriongods don't respect you, what epople say, that I do, as I agree with what you said. Sorry for making you think that you may of thought you was 'maybe wrong'. grin

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:

you are not changing the code

I beg to differ mate, there might be some way to change Khaled's ctcp VERSION reply, but doing that is complete and utter selfish and disrespectful. I wont ever attempt to do that, and I hope everyone else wont do it either. mad

R
ReCover Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
I wonder why you can alter the Tray Icon,
Isn't it the same?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Why do you want to resource hack mIRC6.1 because of the Tray icon?

R
ReCover Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Yes, Because i want my own Tray

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You can change the icon.
File > Options > Display > Tray (6.03)
View > Options > Display > Tray (6.1)

Alternatively, you can type //tray -i $hfile=" Choose icon ".
This works in 6.03 and 6.1.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
There is a huge difference in editing mIRC with a resource hacker and writing dll's to WORK with mIRC. Aye, resource hackers help you, but they don't do much, only let you change mostly everythng in mIRC.

We're not talking legality, we're talking respect. Why does it matter if I change the mIRC version to say "mIRC sucks" by using a resource hacker or a dll? Either way I get the same result. It's like saying does it matter if you're stabbed to death or shot to death? Either way you're dead. And NO a resource editor does NOT let you edit everything, it lets you edit RESOURCES. Resources only include things like text strings, dialogs, icons, images, etc. You can't change any of the actual coding, only the resources.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
I agree with LocutusofBorg .
When you use the Resource Hancker to do someting with a program that don´t belong to you ( you are not the autor), you are modifying the code ( Ripping ).
you are not changing the code you are only puting up other code and stop the resource code off mirc.exe.

"ripping" is taking someone elses work and claiming it as your own. Please tell me how my wanting to display an XP style 32 bit icon for mIRC is ripping it? Resource editing does NOT have to cause theft. As I said though, if I write an mIRC script that will change the version reply (and in 6.1 it is very easy to make such a script), how is that any less disrespectful than doing it using a resource editor?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:

And NO a resource editor does NOT let you edit everything, it lets you edit RESOURCES.

Mostly everything, mIRC wouldn't be mIRC if all the dialogs, icons, text strings etc were to be changed. In name only, it'd be mIRC, possible not even that if they edit mIRC's GUI and basically state it was coded by who ever redistributes it (lets hope no one does that) but Oriongods did say that people on ms.org do modify mIRC and put it up for a script download..

O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
you heard the man... buy the way for mr. slade kraven that said "i will never try to change mirc version reply" thatz BS coz you can't know what will you do in the future. and for locustus of borg on "insulting" have you ever heard of FREEDOM OF SPEACH" ? - and for rest of you that just "respect khaled" by not changing some things on mirc (altho i know you do) stop being such a k-i-s-s-a-s-s - es,, i dont mind that almouts no1 is on my side but stop selling BS when you know that what you sell IS BS

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
the only modified mirc ive seen that was on a site was: tools was ~tools~ instead crazy

new username: tidy_trax
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I'm sure they do, but the fact that _they_ are breaking the license and/or laws doesn't mean I and others should be prevented from doing things that would not. There are a signifigant number of deaths each year as a result of DUI (drinking and driving), yet, there are no laws against drinking and none against driving, only against doing both together. Same holds true here, if you are not breaking the license and/or laws, then I don't see what the problem is.

Oh and as a side note, in the US at one point alcohol was banned (to try and stop alcohol related crimes), that law didn't last very long and in fact, during prohibition, alcohol consumption and alcohol related crimes both rose signifigantly. Look to the past for solutions in the future. When you take away the rights of everyone to stop the crimes of a few, it almost never works well.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
quote:
locustus of borg on "insulting" have you ever heard of FREEDOM OF SPEACH"

Surprise my friend -- freedom of speech ends when you start insulting people. In case you haven't heard - in most countries and I'm betting in yours too whichever it may be - that is not allowed, freedom of speech or not.

Also, BS comes out of the backend of a cow - which I am not. And what I said - every last word of it - is true.

DALnet #Helpdesk
O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
1. not your friend
2. in my country you can do w0t you like
3. maybe

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
(general reply to anyone still reading):

All of my opinions can be found on the following links, without having to repost them.

I Give mIRC 3 Stars. Why don't you?
More languages support??
Re: More languages support??
Executable resource and hex edition
Reminder (legalities on cracking)

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard