mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
There is an odd behaviour exhibited in the switch bar that occures when you click on the active window's switchbar tab, and proceed to click on other windows' switchbar tabs.

The best way to experience this bug is to join 5 channels, have them maximized.
1. Begin clicking randomly on the switchbar tabs, switching between different windows.
2. Then every once in a while, click on the same switchbar tab twice in a row. This means you're clicking on the active window's switchbar tab and it should switch back to the previously active window.

Now, repeat step 1 several times after performing step 2, and it will unexpectidly continue flipping back to the previously active window... an undesired behaviour.

I believe I have observed this in previous some (all?) previous versions of mIRC, but never really put my finger on it.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Heh I had the same problem and it turned out my mouse (!) is buggy; sometimes a single click produced a double click. Do you happen to have a Microsoft IntelliMouse? If this is not the case, I have no idea what's causing it, but here the problem dissappeared when I changed mouse.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Do you happen to have a Microsoft IntelliMouse?

Eeew, no. smile Logitech only please.

It's a new mouse, not even a year old.
Plain optical with wheel... no bells or whistles.

L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
logitech + plus old mouse

all windows maximized, multiple status windows and channels... occassionally i get flashes of my main mirc background (what you see when everything is minimized) or the channel buttons spaz out and flip back and forth rapidly

evil is in the eye of the beholder
N
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
N
I've discovered over the years that a large number of homo sapiens often manage to press the button twice extremely quickly instead of once. The phenomenon has been observed in members of the specie of all ages, although it seems to be somewhat more common in those over age 30. Even those who use the mouse daily for years can still exhibit the said behavior.
This may be what is causing your "bug".

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
have you by any chance tried different visual styles (options/display/options, click on visual style button)? My logitech gets cranky on anything but "no frame", altho not doing exactly what you've described.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
heh, I can guarantee that when I say 'click', I'm refering to a single depression of the left mouse button in no rapid succession to its previous use.

I did discover something new, I think. It only seems to occur if you have a horizontal switchbar with multiple rows, and you are switching between windows between the two rows.

Try to reproduce this bug for yourself.

Type: /JOIN #A,#B,#C,#D,#E,#F,#G,#H,#I,#J,#K
If you have a really large screen res, normalize mIRC so you can resize it smaller so channels span multiple lines.

I can't seem to come up with any consistant pattern, but just click around buttons for long enough and you'll see it happen. Make sure that you click on the same button twice (slowly) though, which should have the effect of making the previously active window active again. It's after doing this a few times that it gets spastic and flips around with a mind of its own.

- Raccoon

L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
ParaBrat: i use "no frame"

Raccoon: i have the exact same switchbar conditions.

evil is in the eye of the beholder

Link Copied to Clipboard