Print Thread
#46507 02/09/03 01:15 PM
S
Sianzzz Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Hello anyone can help me this porblem...... i am very sian now....... And anyone can help me to slove it..... PLS confused [list]

#46508 02/09/03 01:18 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The problem of not connecting has a wide range of causes. mIRC usually provides a message stating why you cannot connect. If you can see a message please let us know what it says.

Also what network are you trying to connect to? Please provide the URL so we can determine if it is currently active.

#46509 04/09/03 02:14 AM
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
If you're using xp and norton firewall+antivirus programs you may have the same problem I have-

mIRC has never been able to connect with me either, even though I followed the guides on disabling my norton firewall and setting up my xp firewall to work with mIRC.

I also tried all the channels you can connect to in the program, and the 'unable to connect' from 127.0.0.1 seems to crop up every time.

Its the same with the latest versions of ICQ and Kazaa Lite++ also with xp, no connection whatsoever, and Im positive they all stem from the same problem with the default xp configuration. I just have no idea what else I can try to connect.

If anyone out there is using xp and norton firewall/antivirus and knows exactly what to do to connect, please reply! I would be forever in your debt!

#46510 04/09/03 07:12 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you never replied to the suggestions/questions here and here

have you tried connecting to the ip instead of domain name?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#46511 04/09/03 09:54 PM
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Sorry, keep forgetting I posted previously. I've replied to them now. I tried connecting to all those IP addresses given to me previously, but 'conn refused' always comes up.

Im not on a network, and I tried setting up (using only) my XP firewall to work using the guide, then disabling it and using none, but the same message keeps coming up.

Its the same problem with connecting as with Kazaa Lite++,mIRC and ICQLite, I just dont know what is causing it.

Im certain my norton firewall must have tampered with some default net settings or something,as even when its disabled I cant connect.

I know other people using XP who have no probs at all, and are using pretty much the same setup, but with a different firewall program installed (although they obviously disable it to use mIRC)

Link Copied to Clipboard