£12/$20 is not a lot, dont be ignorant grin

new username: tidy_trax
H
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
H
Quote:

£12/$20 is not a lot, dont be ignorant grin

Money I could use else where whilst using a free client, like a pint or two down the local, i guess paying for mirc is something irc addicts/geeks would pay for, thank <moderator edit> I aint gonna.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 02/09/03 11:23 AM.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
irc is better without you.

new username: tidy_trax
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't see why I should have to pay for this martini, when water is free.

There is no philosophy behind your ramblings.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
A couple of pints down the local? You don't seem old enough to drink. Perhaps you should step back and take a different approach to putting across your point of view than swearing like some brat who can't get his own way.

However, the foundation of what you're saying is a fair point. I understand both sides of the argument, but as I am not able to pay for it due to more than just financial constraints, I may be a little bias to the "not paying" side wink

The fact is, this conversation gets more boring each time it's bought up, which is why I imagine Khaled/Krejt etc etc hardly ever get involved in this particular topic because they've seen all the arguments before. Given the recent "more nagging" version of mIRC, I doubt you're going to find it changing in the future so you might aswell just get used to it smile

MonoSex: That's a rather ignorant approach. I mean, I wouldn't want to use another client because as far as I'm concerned every other client for Windows simply doesn't compare to mIRC. As much as some other clients are well designed and very good (i.e. Klient) I wouldn't want to use it.

As I've said before, lost in the depths of posts that time forgot, I'm quite prepared to close an About dialogue box to use mIRC. It takes... 0.63 seconds to press that button. Goodness me, what a long startup time.

I would happily register mIRC, but I can't. There's no point arguing over all of the options, and how cheap it is, and how Khaled so kindly makes it so you only have to pay $10 or whatever - because regardless of all those valid reasons, I still can't. However, I'll use mIRC anyway.

It doesn't bother me (like those ever-so-terrible "grips" heh).

Happy antagonising.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
You certainly have the right to your opinions, however please express them with common courtesy and without namecalling/insults/rudeness.

Mirc is shareware and has been almost since its creation, ppl are expected to pay for shareware. The difference with mIRC is that the author has always run on the honor system, trusting ppl to do the right thing. He even offers the option of paying less for ppl who cant afford $20 and routinely donates a months registrations to worthy causes. Hardly the actions of the <censored> you seem to feel he is. Personally i dont understand why you feel Khaled should be denied the right to earn a living.

Now, i think its time to close this thread before tempers fray any further.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard