mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#45820 31/08/03 07:31 PM
H
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
I was just wondering if you can remove the IP showing when /dcc send - Its a threat to the users computer and it case havoc.. When you /dcc send someone.. it shows the users IP. and the user who is recieving might be a hacker or a person who likes to [censored] up peoples computer by tricking people into showing there IP by /dcc send.. I want to make a FServe addon in my script but I don't want other users to get their computer messed up by the /dcc send - frown

IRC.MediaDriven.COM - Live the Phantasy PhantasyX Script v3.0 - @#Scripting - www.mircscripts.org
#45821 31/08/03 07:34 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
if ya dont trust the person your sending/getting a file from,dont send/get, like raccoon pointed out, only an idiot would send/get a file from someone they dont know and trust.

new username: tidy_trax
#45822 31/08/03 07:36 PM
H
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
Its about the fraking FServ. What if the person wants to use an FServ? :\= Yah see..

IRC.MediaDriven.COM - Live the Phantasy PhantasyX Script v3.0 - @#Scripting - www.mircscripts.org
#45823 31/08/03 07:37 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It doesn't matter, the IP MUST be shown in order for the transfer to take place. If you send a fake IP, then the transfer won't work.

#45824 31/08/03 07:39 PM
A
AKO Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Guess what buddy? Do you even understand how DCC works?

DCC stands for (if my memory serves me right) Direct Client Connection. I.E. your computer and his computer connects directly to eachother outside of the IRC network.

There is no way you can 'hide' your IP address from this person, it's impossible unless you purchase a shell account that runs a bouncer that will also bounce your DCC for you, which is not usually the case.

This is not a 'limitation' nor a 'flaw', this is how the internet works. You connect somewhere, your IP is recorded or known by that somewhere unless you route it through something else. But even then, that something else knows your IP.

No way around it unless you're willing to shell out some $ or have a really good friend.

#45825 31/08/03 07:39 PM
H
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
then Khaled needs to <moderator edit> make a .dll or a C++ code to stop mIRC from Showing it :\

Last edited by ParaBrat; 02/09/03 05:43 AM.

#45826 31/08/03 07:41 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
no he doesnt, you need to shut up and understand that if you dont trust that person, then dont send the damn file.
also, even if he didnt show it, people could just type: netstat -a in cmd/dos, as stated in the other thread.

Last edited by pheonix; 31/08/03 07:42 PM.

new username: tidy_trax
#45827 31/08/03 07:49 PM
A
AKO Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
Dragon:

Let me map this out for you, with some very basic knowledge of how it all works.

When you go to DCC someone, it sends to that person via a notice of some sort on the IRC server your IP and your port. This special notice or CTCP or whatever it is, then triggers the other guy to say "Accept DCC from......?"

Afterwards, that person's client tries to connect to yours 'listening' on the port that you configured.

If you do not specify a correct IP, it won't work. If you do not specify an IP at all, then it's not going to work, for obvious reasons.

Not to mention, on many IRC networks (usually not smaller ones), your IP is in your hostname unless you use a bouncer program. Anyone can simply use the /dns command on your nick, and get your IP.

But for point of reference, once you direct connect that person, your IP is known. Plain and simple it's just how the internet works. You can't get around that.

#45828 31/08/03 08:49 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There's no point in making mIRC block the IP, you can see it in DOS and it's defintely not possible to block that so cut out the childish swear filter avoidance and show some respect then you may get some in return.

I'm Maker of PhantasyX Script - (Not Released) "I pwn you, so like, resign already"

How can a script "pwn" whilst still on the drawing board?

Link Copied to Clipboard