mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
it's starting to get more and more common...
and I'm sure it'll solv lots of problems for users (me too...)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
When Khaled codes in the support for it, which I doubt will happen soon. As other users have commented, not all versions of Windows support IPV6 and "more common" doesn't mean common enough to warrant doing it at this stage. I would readily suggest that most networks don't provide support for it.

There was a story on a website (I forget which one) re: IPV4 v's IPV6 pros and cons. It was stated that there is still 1.2 billion IPV4 addresses left so I don't understand why you'd be having problems.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Solve problems for users? What problems would those be? I only see it causing more problems.

A
AKO Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
yeah we won't run into IPv4 addressing issues until 10mbit/100mbit connections at home are more common. When your digital camera doesn't need to be plugged into the computer to download pictures. When you walk into the house and:

A) Push a button to upload pictures to the internet via your home wireless connection.

B) Walk into the room to upload the pictures to your PC.

When *everything* is internet-enabled, then I can see the point. Until then, eh....useless smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Am I missing something here or is your post 101% irrelevant.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hackers burned my toast. mad

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
P
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
P
even though there are many IPv4 left, many corperations are actually internally changing to IPv6, and some are also changing their WAN to IPv6 as well.

Also, I applied for 2 IPv6 address and obtained them, but it's too bad mirc doesn't have support for it. At least I still have my IPv4 addresses or this awesome program would because useless to me. Oh well, though. I hope IPv6 support happens soon.

And, Thanks for this nice program Khaled.

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Quote:
not all versions of Windows support IPV6

If you have a network at home, and you're not so good at PC stuff, you will prbably couldn't use DCC, so why is it in it ?

Quote:
It was stated that there is still 1.2 billion IPV4 addresses left so I don't understand why you'd be having problems

That's not the point.
When DVD came out, you wouldn't buy it because you can still buy millions of videos in the shops ?
you halting the future !
ipv6 will come, you only have to get used to it, and the best way to do it is by using it too

@#botwars @Kreynet

Link Copied to Clipboard