mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Tombi Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
What I said About 3d grapic icons Meant, expamle man messenger. You can feel as if the program is OUT of the screen!!!! lots of colours!!!!! and better backrounds !! new suggestion I might add is , make you favourite chat-friends in a sort of adress book so you can check if they are on line , in that way private chatting is very well improved. About The Voice and Video chat, Why should we use more than one program to chat!!!! Any one who has further questions find me Undernet server #chat-zone nick ^Tombi^ between 7.35pm and 11.pm cool

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF
make your own client with LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF, most of mirc users don't want LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF, as LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF is annoying, get it mr. LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF

I don't want to see the third post you make to these boards, so could you please delete your account and never ever come back, and stop using mIRC as it doesn't have LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF.

'nuff LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF said!

LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF AND SOME MORE COLORS AND STUFF

Voice and video chat programs are voice and video chat programs, this is Internet Relay Chat program, a Internet Relay Chat client program to be more precise, this is made for IRC, not for voice or video.

I'm sick of these LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF guys like YOU. If you haven't anything else to do, DON'T DO IT HERE!

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Maybe if ya ask real nice, maybe just maybe Comic chat will have some colors an stuff for ya mIRC revolves around text chatting it may be dull to you but to alot of us mIRC users, we just stick to the simple things....I for one use mIRC to chat colors are too distracting and very annoying...if ya want colors, go play with paintbrush.......its on every computer

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You could've just replied to the original thread... no need to make a new one.

make you favourite chat-friends in a sort of adress book so you can check if they are on line
- You can already do that, there's an Address Book and a Notify List.

The Voice and Video chat, Why should we use more than one program to chat!
- Because mIRC isn't a voicechat program or a video chat program? Besides, a lot of people suggested that mIRC use the DCC VOICE and DCC VIDEO protocols to allow video/voice chat.

lots of colours!
- A lot of people hate the colours mIRC already uses. The colours given can be customized. Technically mIRC could go from 16 colours to 99 without too much disruption to other clients, but would it really be for the better? I wouldn't particularly like it. Nor would many other people.

better backrounds !
- You can already change the backgrounds using /background (see the helpfile), or by using the a menu (Right-click the switchbar icon of the window you wish to change the background of).

By the way multiple exclamation marks make text annoying to read.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
A
Axe Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
Quote:
most of mirc users don't want LOTS OF COLORS AND STUFF

LONG LIVE mIRC V3.7!!! grin

Axe
--
The box said "Requires Windows 98 or Higher". So, I installed Linux.
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Quote:
a lot of people suggested that mIRC use the DCC VOICE and DCC VIDEO protocols to allow video/voice chat.
Will this be happening anytime in the near future? That would be kinda cool if it's actually possible...

I am pretty much agreed on the colour thing, that's pretty pointless however one thing that would be kinda cool is making the top menu icon buttons be able to be resized.. they don't compensate for higher resolutions, they stay the same size so at 1280x1024 they are very small *shrug* just fiddly to select and click on sometimes

One thing that does bother me is that the address book window can't be resized, annoying if you have a few people on there and notes for each, being able to resize would mean less having to click on "edit" each time just to see the full "note" text for that nickname

although maybe there is a way around that already, another thing that's great about mirc is that so many people have worked out how to customise a lot of it smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Well I actually thought there was a DLL that supported this but in mIRC.exe I don't think it'd be implemented or would I like to see a text-based chat program graffitied. smile

But this has been suggested alot so it must be quite a popular topic. smile

Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
dcc audio and video chat would be cool, i can't see how they would harm mirc in any way since they'd obviously only work for people that a) can use it b) want to use it?

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I wouldn't mind seeing webcam support. You might be interested in this addon.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard