mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
angah Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
I suggest that the next version of mirc can be added with For Loops and Hash Table can support much more column so that it can be a Multiple Dimension Array. I think, scripting is much much more easier and fun if this function added. So what do you think? :tongue:

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
I definately agree with the multiple "column" feature. I cannot agree with you more. On a number of occasions i've had to write stupid crap with stupid item names. For example my fserve -> $hget(settings,trigger|i_think_your_mom_likes_me) =c:\games could be $hget(settings,trigger,i think your mom likes me) = C:\games. I realize this is a very trivial effort. Khaled i understand how difficult this would be to code, but it would be absolutely glorious.
--Other scripters - i realize there are workarounds to problems just like this, but.. Wouldn't it be nice?

Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
I think perhaps turning hash tables into actual databases, the whole 'idea' behind them. Files, tables, columns, fields, records :-)
This will solve the 'column' idea, and will provide a stronger programming sense, a more c++ feeling :-)

You won't like it when I get angry.
Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
About the for loop, though there are easy work arounds, if this was implemented it would prove to be a faster work around for loops. Now when you have to semi use a while loop to best efficently perform this function.

You won't like it when I get angry.

Link Copied to Clipboard