mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
___ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Firstly, a thankyou for incorporating my previous suggestion into the new release of mIRC.

Though I do now have another suggestion, which I hope will be considered for a future release of the program.

When a link is given in a channel, upon right-clicking one gets the choice whether to 'Open', 'Open in a new window', or 'Copy address'. This is all well and good when dealing with websites, but it causes great inconvenience if the link is to a file such as an mp3, for example.

This is why I suggest having a 'Save As...' menu option when right-clicking on a link to a file. This would eliminate the problems such as files opening up in browser plug-ins (many of which do not allow saves - only playback), or having to 'blindly download' a file in a browser with no status of speed or remaining download time left, and then trying to find where on the hard-drive the file got saved.

I strongly believe this would be a hugely positive feature to include in the next release of mIRC. Thankyou for your time.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I agree and second the motion.

This would sure beat having to...
/url about:<a%20href=" $+ $1 $+ ">right-click%20save%20target%20as...</a>

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard