mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
The smoke has cleared, and by now everyone has worn out their mirc.hlp and versions.txt looking to see if their feature suggestion made the cut.

The purpose of this thread is to gleem an idea of what features people were really looking forward to seeing, only to have their hopes dashed like so many misfortunate children on christmas morning. :tongue:

There are as many as 996 features that have been suggested on this forum, and only about 35 of them made it into v6.1. Granted, most of the suggestions made here are hastily thought up, or already exist in another shape or form... but there are many that I'm sure we're all suprised didn't make it this time around. This register will help us rehash these last 12 months of feature suggestions and hopefully narrow it down to a top 20 or so, reasonable and/or popular suggestions.

Guidelines (wishful thinking) for this thread:
  1.  Simply state an ultra-brief description of the suggestion, with a link to the original thread where the suggestion was made. Alternatly, just post a long list of links with no descriptions other than the thread's title.
  2.  Don't comment, critique, approve of (me too!) or disapprove of (that sux!) the suggestions in this thread. This should be done in said suggestion's own thread. Including a link to a suggestion that someone else already linked to is not as lame as "Me too!", and is encouraged.

If you think this thread in itsself is lame... you don't have to post nor read it. I also appreciate all of the hard work Khaled has put into mIRC, and don't mean any disrespect or bad karma with this post. This thread is meant as a helpful reminder for anyone interested in knowing which features we'd most like to see. It's also better than 20 seperate threads asking "Why didn't (this-or-that) suggestion make it?"

- Raccoon

PS. Try not to post features just suggested in the past few weeks.
That would be exceedingly tacky. smirk

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
Well, I see a few additions to $input but I was a little suprised not to see an option to display the colour index dialog added.
here

If only women came with popup menus and online help.
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
A
I don't think this feature made it.. missing DCC/FSERV feature confused

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Dalnet != Default network

I got one of my wishes. :tongue:

X
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
X
Support for classes in mirc scripting language
link

T
tbk Offline
T
Right to left custom windows.......

link..

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
When I installed it still had DALnet as the selected server.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...o=&vc=1 - Add a scrollbar or something to the switchbar when there is no room for more windows

https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...o=&vc=1 - a way to easily handle modes such as +e/+I

https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...=true#Post40496 - a way to handle level modes such as +a +q and +u

And extended dialog controls (tree views, list views, etc.)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The server is picked randomly now - according to the versions.txt anyway and it's a good and fair approach. I didn't bother to check it though as I have my own servers.ini with only four servers (One network) installed.

Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood

Last edited by Raccoon; 30/08/03 07:04 PM.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C

Last edited by codemastr; 30/08/03 08:13 PM.
jez Offline
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
*snip*

On second thoughts, this post would fit much more snugly in a seperate thread.

Last edited by jez; 30/08/03 10:58 PM.

== Jez ==
"Each victory is a missed opportunity to die..."
O
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
O
I think it should have a pin though it.

If only women came with popup menus and online help.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
because you set the install to keep current settings and just had it update.... i believe that would leave it intact as default... as it did mine

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
$rawmsg preserves the spaces just fine. It would suck if it didn't, but it does smile

Anyway, I'm not really disappointed that I didn't see what I wanted, but I'd really like the ability to make $input modal to desktop dialogs too (kinda like $dialog() can). No link.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
I
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I
Yeah great idea, I would like that $input could do that too. smile

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
Whoa; a lot of suggestions. I'd love to see mirc go open-source, we have a rather large scripting community happening - perhaps we could squeeze in a few more of these suggestions!

V
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
V
most of the suggestions here and MUCH MUCH MUCH more
I can say I'm pretty disappointed, it took over a year to redesing the dialogs, fix few bugs (many important still remain), and add 2 or 3 usefull things...

btw, does anyone knows if there's a new key combination for the font dialog, it used to be alt+v, but now we got useless menu instead

And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, a soul to dig the hole much deeper
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I want to reiterate, that this thread wasn't intended to be a bash or serious cry of disappointment, by any means.

Burried in my sarcasm and satire, is the functional purpose of bringing foward these suggestions that many of us had been hoping to see and still hope to see in some future version... rather than being forgotten about. If I'm not mistaken, Khaled has historically added more features in all x.yz revisions, than in the actual x.y versions.

It was my intent to create a quick-reference list without sounding like a complaint. Judging by the number of priv-msgs I've received, it was still interpreted as a complaint. I'm not that petty to complain about such things, especially when it would only turn a deaf ear in my direction.

- Raccoon

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard