mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#4506 02/01/03 07:09 AM
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
i'm new an i was told this program was the best for file sharing, but when i registered i got on yesterday for like 30 mins then it said i got BANNED an i didnt even do anything, can someone plz fill me in.

#4507 02/01/03 07:13 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
This program isn't for filesharing, so you were mislead...
Noone here will know why you were banned, only the person who banned you will know that (and the odds of him/her being here are not very high), so you would be better off asking them, or getting someone else to.

#4508 02/01/03 06:14 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
You dont say if you were banned from the server/network or banned from a channel. You can be banned from a channel for any reason, up to and including none at all. If you were banned from the server, there was a reason. Bans can be permanent or of any duration, from minutes to whenever. You may be able to find who to talk to about your specific problem on EFnet's forum

You can see general rules when you join a server by reading their MOTD (Message of The Day), which you see when you join or by typing /MOTD There are some rules which are pretty much a given, like no flooding, no mass advertising, etc. Check out this site for some good general info for new users who want to use mIRC for its intended purpose, chatting.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#4509 03/01/03 10:30 AM
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
G
Its true, all over direct connect people are saying that mIRC is good for file sharing. Bunch a retards! I keep correcting them, and yet they keep coming. Y would u ask for a fs programme when your on one anyway!

Link Copied to Clipboard