mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
Is it possible to use the /filter command with windows like "Status window" or "Chat BlackAle" as the normal syntax of placing quotes around the name fails with /filter, it just reports invalid window.

Is this a shortcoming of the filter command?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I think it's simply because windows are not meant to have spaces in their name -- try using /window @temp window -- it will open a window called @temp, not @temp

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
The actual limitation is in the type of windows /filter can work with, not the spaces in the name. For example, a dcc chat window can be referred to with "=nickname", but neither /filter -ww =nickname @temp nor /filter -ww @temp =nickname work. For the status window specifically, you can use the -s switch to make it the <infile>, but you can't use it as the <outfile>. In these cases, I /filter what I want in a temp file and then /loadbuf the file into the window. /loadbuf works with most types of windows.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
B
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
B
oh well, hopefully filter will be improved in a later version and the inconsistent behaviour removed, I see no reason why it shouldn't work in the types of windows I've mentioned.

Dcc chat windows are also handled inconsistently with window identifiers, if I have a chat window open to the nick frazzle, $active is =frazzle, but $line($active, 0) returns null, I have to use $line(Chat frazzle, 0) to get a correct value.

Locutus... I know normal custom windows can't have spaces in them, but you have little choice when dealing with mirc's own windows.

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Quote:
Dcc chat windows are also handled inconsistently with window identifiers, if I have a chat window open to the nick frazzle, $active is =frazzle, but $line($active, 0) returns null, I have to use $line(Chat frazzle, 0) to get a correct value.

True. Oddly enough, $window(=frazzle) works but $window(chat frazzle) doesn't. Another thing that bugs me in dcc chats is that you can use /window -n =frazzle or /window -n "chat frazzle" but not /window -n "=frazzle" (however /window -n "#somechannel" works fine).

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Yes you can use the Status Window as the outfile:

/filter -ws @Window text <matchtext>

"text" can be anything as long as it exists as the outfile parameter

Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q