Print Thread
#44281 26/08/03 08:42 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I saw a post befor about somones script "say" some strange words, i cant find that post now.. and what i was wondering is if you solved that problem? i got same thing in my script now.. and i dont know what is is.. the word i get is "FLOODCHECK", and i dont have anything in my script using that word.. so i guess it must have somthing to do with mirc's own flood protection.. the strange thing is that it messages ppl with that.. and i dunno how to stop it.. :tongue:

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#44282 26/08/03 08:47 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
mirc doesnt message anyone with anything unless you tell it to :tongue:

new username: tidy_trax
#44283 26/08/03 08:49 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Disable all scripts with /remote off then close and reopen mIRC and see if the messages still appear. If it doesn't then there must be an event in your scripts causing it.

#44284 26/08/03 08:49 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
As he said, there is a script at work. search all your scripts for the word,. If that doesn't work, unload them all, and reload them one at a time until you find the one which is doing this.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
#44285 26/08/03 08:49 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I know.. and thats the strange part.. i dont have that word anywhere in and file, and i dont using any flood protections that using that phrase.. so i dont know where it comes from.. confused

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#44286 26/08/03 08:52 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
It only happens from time to time.. never on a event i do.. this time it did it when i was playing a game, so didnt type anything in mirc, i was just idle.. so i dont know what that can trigger it.. and unload every file and then wait.. it wouldent give the error cos it just happens when i dont even use my mirc, and when im idle i dont do anything that have somthing to do with a /msg.. :tongue:

#44287 26/08/03 08:53 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Quote:
and i dont have anything in my script using that word.. so i guess it must have somthing to do with mirc's own flood protection..

did you not see that bit :tongue:^

#44288 26/08/03 08:55 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
words are easy to miss.. grin somone that know what mirc have for word to check its built in flood check ? maybe thats the problem? i disabled it now, and i cant say it helped cos the problem dont happen on a serten time, only once in a while.. confused

#44289 26/08/03 08:56 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Seems as though you are just having a dig. If the word "FLOODCHECK" is not there but a script still causes that echo another way, such as the word being written in ASCII code then the search engine will not find it. I'm not saying this is the case but it's the first example I can think of. If the user disables all scripts and restarts mIRC to cancel any timers that may be running and then checks for the continued echoing he will then realise whther it's a script, a trojan or a dud .exe, the latter being the least likely outcome.

#44290 26/08/03 09:04 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
floodcheck $encoded = *9FQO;V1C:&5C:P``
floodcheck ascii = 102 108 111 111 100 99 104 101 99 107
just in case that is useful :tongue:

#44291 26/08/03 09:08 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I wrote every singel line in the script.. and i now have 13 files in it.. and not a single one of them have that word in them, ascii or no ascii .. so im 100% shure its not in my script.. and i cant think of any other program i using having it ether.. so it must come from somwhere, and when i know for shure its displayed in mirc, then i asume it comming from mirc.exe it self.. and thats why i asking if somone kno what word mirc have inside of it? "as a tigger for the flood prot" it have its own flood protection, and i was thinking that maybe the "max lines in buffer" was cosing somthing to happen.. im not on allot of channels, but i running 4 copys of mirc from my comp now.. and one of them is a clean mirc, and the only place i see that message appear is in the client i have active.. or open behind a game or som other program.. confused

i see this in the debug window.. and i cant tell it thats the problem or not..

-> multiplay.uk.quakenet.org ISON nick
<- :multiplay.uk.quakenet.org 303 nick2 :nick

ISON nick = my nick i have on the server
nick2 = the nick i have on two other servers.
nick = my nick that i have in notify to see if that dude with my nick leaving irc so i can take my nick back.. and what i can tell by the raw 303, thats somthing with nicknames, but i cant see that it should send a message on a raw.. i update the colors on the nicklist with /who # .. and i only doing that cos i cant figure out a bether way to color the nicklist in any other way.. and i made that with a timer.. i cant use on join on modes, that can make me flood out if to many joins at the same time confused

#44292 26/08/03 09:27 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Replying to my self uhu grin i came to think of that every msg my script have in it using: .msg .. so that should make the msg hidden for me right? but still i can tee that thing happen somtimes.. every thing i say or being said to me is echoed to me.. same with all channel modes and everything.. so thats why i hide everything i sending to another ppl.. .notice nick - .msg nick and so on.. so this driving me nutts, cant get a hold on what that can cosing it to happen.. and if everything is done with that "dot", then it shouldent show me att all when that message comes from time to time, still i can be able to see it somthimes.. and somtimes i dont.. confused
and what does that -> multiplay.uk.quakenet.org ISON nick mean? i have that nick yes.. but why do it keep on repeating that? or do mirc it self check from time to time i still have the same nick?? i dont understand that part..

i just got this from mirc.. and i put my "flood protection" in mir realy low..

[23:42] -> multiplay.uk.quakenet.org PRIVMSG my_nick :FLOODCHECK

so hmm.. maybe this is a bug of som type?

#44293 26/08/03 10:11 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
ISON stuff is probably about mIRCs notify list...

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
#44294 26/08/03 10:14 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Ok.. i had the nick i sended a msg on my notify list, the message i sended to him was FLOODCHECK .. all in capital letters.. and i didnt type that to him, and it sended it to the same nick i have on two other servers.. so i supose it confused mirc and it belived i was that nick even on the server i wasnt.. but still it shouldent message anyone that.. so why did it.. this is strange confused

#44295 22/09/03 06:21 PM
L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
so why don't you post the entire script here for us to see, maybe we can find out what is causing that message for you.

#44296 22/09/03 06:53 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
cos its a channel theme.. and thats half of my script.. it's 3 full remote files, so would i paste it here, then it would be huge.. it includes every channel mode/msg in query/msg in DCC chat/msg in channels/notices/ctcp/topics and more.. and the problem was mirc's built in flood protection, if i have two mirc running, then have two diffrent nicks on the servers, then i notify one of the nicks in 1 of the mirc's i have running, then it sending a /msg to that nick in notifylist.. "if its the same nick as i have on the other network".. i turned flood protection off, removed my nick from notify list, and problem gone

Link Copied to Clipboard