Print Thread
#43764 23/08/03 07:54 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Somone that know if its possible to identify if a ACTION text is typed as /me or /ame when it comes from the server? i trying to echo action text, but if somone slap another person in one channel, then it echo's to all channels im on.. and that do i want when somone set him/her self away, and using /ame, is it possible to do? somone that been trying it? :tongue:

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#43765 24/08/03 04:23 AM
O
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
O
well i have a script that counters someone's /me when it involves my nickname, if it will help ill give it below

here it is and you can modify it if ya like, please dont use it for spamming though...

on *:ACTION:$(* $+ $me $+ *):#: { describe $chan $replace($1-,$me,$nick) }

#43766 24/08/03 04:30 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
yea, thats great...

* KingTomato slaps Obelisk around abit with a large trout
* Obelisk slaps KingTomato around abit with a large trout

I can see that not being used for spamming

-KingTomato
#43767 24/08/03 04:38 AM
O
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
O
lol, np i give credit to LordTyphoon who gives credit to someone else for that script, lol

btw, please dont use it for spamming...

#43768 24/08/03 04:41 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Thank you for your help.. but thats not what i looking for, i want to filter the ACTIONS in the channel typed by somone else, and i want to filter out the /me's from /ame's .. and i was wondering if the server sending some signals for that? mIRC see the diffrence if it a /ame or /me , cos it shows the /me in only 1 channel, but the /ame appears in all channels.. smile

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#43769 24/08/03 05:53 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is no way to filer /me from /ame unless you were to count the number of messages from the user. Example: The user and yourself share 3 channels together. The other person uses /me on one channel, thats a /me Now they use a /ame and all channels you share get the same action, thats a /ame. The only way i chould think of it is as follows:

on *:ACTION:*:#: {
/inc -u1 %ame. [ $+ [ $nick ] ]
if (%ame. [ $+ [ $nick ] ] > 1) .tiumerame [ $+ [ $nick ] ] 1 1 /echo -a /AME Receieved From $nick $+ !
}

Use a sort of timer to count the number of messages in the duration of a second. If you get 2+ messages from that person in the duration of a second, then you can assume its a /ame. Tho its not exactly accurate as they could type //me does an action | /me does another action and it would assume an /ame

-KingTomato
#43770 24/08/03 06:09 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
This is what i get in the debug window during a /me and a /ame..

/me

<- :nick!ident@host PRIVMSG # :ACTION test

/ame

How do mIRC tell them apart? it see if its a /me or a /ame .. now i dont understand how it can do that, and if mIRC can tell them apart, why cant i make the same thing with som coding, the code i have now looks like

Code:
on ^*:ACTION:*:*: {
  if (%timestamp == 1) { timesetj }
  var %i 1
  while (%i &lt;= $chan(0)) {
    echo $chan(%i)  $+ $color(action text) $+ %tstmp $+ ° $nick $1-
    inc %i
    haltdef
  }
}

how can i filter out the /ame and /me ? cos now it counts all actions like a /ame
and i tryed your code.. i couldent get it to work.. confused

#43771 24/08/03 06:57 PM
D
Babel fish
Babel fish
D
im too lazy to code it for you but couldnt u do something
Code:
on ^*:ACTION:*matchstuffhere*:#:{
   if ($read(logfile1.log,$lines(logfiles1.log)) == $read(logfile2.log,$lines(logfiles2.log))
halt

or something u get the idea

while (demi == nub) {
inc %skill
}
#43772 24/08/03 07:12 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I dont understand your answer? i want it to see all action's made in a channel.. i also want it to send all /me to the channel it happens in.. and all /ame to the channels it suposed to show up in.. and i dont understand the log thingie? mIRC can handle the text.. and i want a litle script that makes the same, the only thing i want it to do is to change all action texts as i want the to be.. but now i get all action texts like a /ame.. it dont see the /me .. confused

#43773 24/08/03 08:26 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Never mind, i solved the problem with som coding.. grin

#43774 25/08/03 02:58 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I gave you an answer 4 posts ago.. Not that it matters now.

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard