mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#43655 23/08/03 02:17 AM
R
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
I have an aDSL connection with Earthlink, i used to have 56k before and i was able to resume ok, but when i changed to earthlink aDSL everytime i try to resume a file in xDDC i get a "DDC pending" error and it eventually times out. I have a UHP aDSL modem connected to my ethernet card in my computer and also to the telephone line. I have checked the DDC options in mIRC and everything is set correctly, i even disabled the DDC ignore options and also disabled my firewall and the problem persists. I have read all the posts about this problem and nothing seems to be able to solve my problem. It is not a router problem since i dont have a router, someone please help...Thanks.

#43656 23/08/03 10:22 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Make sure you read this.

Particuarly:

"try getting a file from someone else. The problem is often on the senders end"

I'd like to mention the fact that the DCC option was, I imagine, originally added for friends to send pictures or .txt files to each other...not for hundreds of xDCC bots to be loaded and for people to download illegal, copyrighted, material smile

Internet Relay Chat

If you use the Search function and search for "DCC Pending" and expand it to 'All Forums' and search on 'All Posts' then there's just about every possibility covered. Otherwise, *shrugs*.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#43657 23/08/03 11:20 PM
R
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
R
Yes i tried all of that ParaBrat posted, and i also read all the posts about resume errors in this forum and nothing solves my problem, that's why i decided to write my own post. It is not the senders problem cause i have never been able to resume anything since i got my aDSL. I believe its my aDSL modem?
Someone please help.
Thanks

#43658 25/08/03 07:41 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Did you read sojourns post in this thread ?

re your adsl, if they gave you password access to web or telnet in, check out the equipment and its configuration and settings. If the equipment is using NAT, that could be the problem as it tends to not get along with resume

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard