Print Thread
#434 09/12/02 01:15 AM
J
joeih Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
I have used IRC for 7 years, never had a problem connecting before, I havent changed any settings and now I am unable to connect to any servers at all.. Can someone fill me in on the Dalnet issues? And maybe tell me if there is a trick now to connecting..What is the problem?

#435 09/12/02 01:19 AM
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Well currently dalnets completly b0rked with the delinking and attacks ect.. A bit of a pain, oh well.. try again later smile

#436 09/12/02 07:08 PM
I
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
I
News From Dalnet...

It is a sad fact that it has been somewhat difficult to connect to DALnet for some time. There are several reasons for this, including ongoing attacks and a loss of servers.
This weekend, these problems have increased. DALnet has been under an unusually strong, unusually persistent attack. These attacks are directed at all DALnet client servers, rather than just a few.

The DALnet administration is working with service providers and with law enforcement to stop these attacks, but this is not an easy task. We apologize for the disruption, and ask that you bear with us through these difficult times.

#437 11/12/02 07:26 PM
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
also frink who was the admin of twisted.* the biggest DALnet server and the admin of typhoon.* quited as ircop and delinked his two servers frown and tiscali.* one of the biggest DALnet servers was down all the weekend... it's back to normal now.

Link Copied to Clipboard