#43430 21/08/03 07:54 PM
B
bam Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Hi.
I am trying to find a script that can help my clan organise players/rosters in irc. The idea is that players can come into irc and use !add - this ideally would 'add' their name to the topic. I would luv to do this formatted if possible. I'm not after many commands:
add
remove

One problem I'm having using 'on text' is the topic gets completely overwritten not added to, is there a way round this?. Also if somebody changes their nick I can't see it working.
I would also be chuffed if there was a script or 2 out there allready doing this so I could use that or learn from it.
I do have an eggdrop configured and running in this channel so I could use TCL scripts if anybody happens to know of one smile

First post be gentle plz smile

Bam

#43431 22/08/03 03:57 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Code:
on [color:green]2[/color]:TEXT:!add *:[color:Red]#[/color]: {
  /topic $chan $addtok($chan($chan).topic, $2, 32)
}

on [color:green]2[/color]:TEXT:!remove *:[color:Red]#[/color]: {
  /topic $chan $remtok($chan($chan).topic, $2, 1, 32)
}

[color:green]menu nicklist {
  Topic Script
  .User $$1 $chr(9) $level($$1):/halt
  .-
  .$iif($level($$1) > 1, Remove, Add) User:{
    $iif($level($$1) > 1, ruser, auser -a) ] ] 2 $$1
    echo -a User $$1 $iif($level($$1) > 1, Added, Removed) from user list
  }
}
[/color]

Simple as it gets. I made it like this:

The geen portions indicate how this would work if you only want users with a certain access level to use this command. Namely, not every user in your channel can use it. If you would like all users the have the provledge of using this script, please delete the menu portion, and change the green 2's into *'s (Asterisk)

Secondly, the red # indicates what channel these functions should work on. If you want it only for your clan channel, change the # to the name of that channel. Otherwise, leave it as be.

Last edited by Hammer; 24/08/03 08:57 AM.

-KingTomato
#43432 23/08/03 02:06 AM
B
bam Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Hi.
I have tried the script but cant get it to work - it's for allusers so did what u said in in post - still not working - any ideas? smile

bam

#43433 24/08/03 04:02 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The commands listed will not work for yourself if they are on the same mirc your trying it on. Meaning, if you went into remotes, put the code in there, then went into the channel and tried "!add <name>" it will not work.

Makle sure another mirc (other than the one you are running) is using the commands.

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard