mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
noxx555 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
N
last time I looked a log in my mirc directory..I've noticed that a part of the log was overwritten by some random characters,there was even a whole winamp playlist file(*.M3U),enclosed in the log.
here are some sample of characters(¡›££ Ÿœ¡œ¢Ÿ¡¢¡¢£¡¡¥¢¢),and a part of the playlist like (#EXTINF:245,Red Hot Chili Peppers - can't stop)
Can someone help me to determine the cause of that error

Thnx!

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
You posted this twice, probably by mistake, you can remove the other by going to Edit -> "Delete this post".

Other people have reported this problem (some get Half Life configs in their logs), but I don't think a fix has been found. This is a stab in the dark but have you tried changing "Lock log files" setting in mIRC Options -> IRC -> Logging. The description of this option in the help file is vague, so I don't actually know what it does...anyone?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It stops you opening the log while the room is open but I don't know what benefit there is for it.

R
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
R
I think it makes windows lock the files from other applications while mIRC is using them.

$input(Me like stars, You too?)
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If Lock Log Files is turned off, log files are opened, written to, and closed each time a new line is written to the log. If its on, then log files are opened/written to and only closed when you close the window or turn logging off.

Description of this particular option is detailed in the versions.txt for 5.1. Just as an FYI for those who dont know, you can d/l a complete versions.txt for all releases to date at http://www.mirc.co.uk/versions.txt

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
F
fez Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
F
i'm gonna take a wild guess here:

has your computer crashed or rebooted while mirc was active?
that can cause logfiles (and even scriptfiles) to become corrupted, as they're "open" when they should be "closed"

- fez

U
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
U
yeah, the same thing happened to me during that major power outage a few weeks back

_
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
_
The same thing has happened to me many times

Link Copied to Clipboard