mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
oh well its clearly shown that no matter what anyone says u have your mind made up

You don't even know what my decision is. Please show me where I said "I hope this doesn't get added" or "I won't use this feature?" All I asked is that someone provide a REAL reason why it is needed. Only Hammer has really tried to do this, you just make up garbage. I'm trying to provide critique. A critique isn't useful if all it does is say "good idea" a critique must point out problems in a feature as well. For example, you just brought up the fact about clicking the X. This was not mentioned before, it was only by my questioning this feature that you told everyone here (including Khaled who will be the one designing the system) that in addition to /part -n, you wish the feature to also work like this when clicking the X. How is that destructive to the feature suggestion process? It would seem to me that my comments allowed the feature to be more precisely defined therefore if implemented, it will be done exactly how people want it rather than requiring changes later on.

Quote:
simple fact is im glad codemastr isnt the author of mirc ..... it wuldnt have anything in it codemastr doesnt like.

You couldn't be more wrong. There are dozens of features in UnrealIRCd that I was 100% against, however I added them because people wanted them and they could justify why the features were needed. I don't see how it is unreasonable for someone to want to know why a feature is needed.

Z
zac Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Z
A simple reason why? Sure.

I have a laptop. I don't log so the HD doesn't have to spin constantly to log. I want to look back at a conversation while leaving a channel. I can leave a channel for many reasons, one of which being that it has far too many people on it and it slows down the machine. (Try /who-ing a large channel and keeping it open. Ouch.)

There ya go.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Some channels don't like it when you switch nicks a lot. If you want to part those channels to cycle through your nicks and mess with their access lists or check their memos (or whatever), /part -n would be a wonderful way to avoid getting kicked for nick flooding and you could simply /hop to rejoin after you're done. No lost buffer - no pissed off ops.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
I support the original poster's suggestion.

And those who say that logging does the job, not everybody wants to log everything etc. Maybe they want to read the last few lines or something, or the channel says 'no idling allowed'.

Also, it would be good to have a button on the top right hand corner where the _[]x button are.

trenzterra
AustNet #trenzterra and #w
Head Scripter @ http://trenzterra.uni.cc
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
There has been a few times lately where I wanted to part a channel, without closing the window. And what if I'm at max with the server channel limit. And I want to reference to that window while in a new channel.

L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
As for another reason....

Certain IRCds allow for channel ops (or others) to use RAW REMOVE, which will force a PART command. Currently, mIRC will close the channel whenever it receives a PART command for the current user and it wasn't after the user did a /hop.

As for other situations, a delayed /hop script could be made with this, as well as changing nicks when on a +m channel (on a daemon that suppresses nick changes when muted). Both of these have already been suggested, but they are worth mentioning.

L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
I am going to bump this one, it is the one feature I really wish would have happened in 6.1x (don't get me wrong, I do enjoy 6.1x) and there were threads about this feature previous to this.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard