Print Thread
#4283 31/12/02 11:39 PM
M
MrABC Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
I am highly annoyed. I cannot DCC Send or DCC Chat in mIRC plain and simple. I am on an SMC 7401BRA router and i tried the SMC / router tips I can find on the internet and DCC Send STILL doesn't work. I allowed port forwarding, I binded all sockets to my WAN IP, I let mIRC get my WAN IP - I even put my LAN IP in the DMZ to make this work with literally NO success.
I think there was this one-time where I put my LAN IP in the "Bind all sockets..." and it worked - I could DCC Send and Resume and Chat! I changed my DCC ports from 1024-1030 to 1024-5000 (default) - I was in DMZ whilst doing this. Aniverse had routing problems and now, I can't DCC Send or Chat. I did everything right like last time, and it still doesn't work. DMZ or no DMZ, it doesn't work. I tried different ports and it doesnt work. When i do DCC Send or Chat, the person i send/chat to gets "DCC Chat/Send from Me rejected (Invalid parameters)" Sometimes, the person gets all these mumbo jumbo characters.
PLEASE this is a bitch and i was at this for almost a week now!! I am making myself bald!!! ARGH! mad

#4284 01/01/03 03:00 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
From another SMC user: tell it to open 1024-5000 for TCP on a trigger of 6667 TCP, and open 113 UDP on a trigger of 113 UDP

remember that whatever ports you forward, you have to put those in mIRC's options under dcc/options, and mIRC needs to be getting your external ip

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#4285 01/01/03 12:14 PM
M
MrABC Offline OP
OP Offline
M
um...On my SMC I dont have this "trigger" thing, its just a port foward and I can only forward single ports to a public IP and a private ip - hence the range 1024-1030. 113 is open and 6667 is open. I configured mIRC to get my external ip (WAN IP) and it still doesn't work. My ISP doesn't block any ports and well...frankly...I hate this. I cant even resume anymore.

#4286 01/01/03 07:05 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Double check to be sure the ports you mapped in your router are in mIRC's options under dcc/options (where you see the default of 1024-5000) It might also be worth trying to use a different server port, altho i dont know if any other than netgear hate port 6667. I'm assuming you cant dcc send on any of the puters on the network?

As for the resume, could you before with this router? NAT/ip probs are usually the culprit there. Use the search feature here, all forums, you may find some tips/urls that will help even if they arent specifically for SMC

#4287 01/01/03 07:35 PM
M
MrABC Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hey, I could DCC Send now! Don't know why. I am connected to Aniverse via port 6668 and I can send! Aniverse was subjected to Ddos attacks and wasn't able to connect for an hour and when i did, i connected to aniverse via port 6668, instead of the default 6667. Now, I can send, resume and chat.
Identd server was turned off as it was slow connecting to the server and i didnt want myself to go thru all that Identd malarky.
Any ideas as to how this might arise? I didnt change port settings as they are correct, everything is. Don't see how I can send/resume/chat now when before, i cudnt.

#4288 02/01/03 04:42 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Best guess: SMC is like netgear and doesnt like port 6667. As a test, try connecting to port 6667 and see if dcc send stops working.... or just be happy its working smile

M
MrABC Offline OP
OP Offline
M
ok, Another problem has arisen from my lovely being able to DCC send and resume. Sometimes, when i get a file, and it nears 99% complete - the rate at which it sends the file gradually goes down until it hits 0.00KB/sec and then, goes incomplete. This is quite bad for AVI files as u all know - so wot is going on? Ive had a few of my downloads completed, so is this just a amtter of who i connect to?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
it could be... but are you perhaps using win98 or have any of the socalled "speed patches" ?

M
MrABC Offline OP
OP Offline
M
no, Im using winXP - and I am not using any speed patches at all

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
ok, that rules out win98's vcache prob and the speed patch glitches... only other thing i can think of that has caused that for others is their routers firmware...check to see if you have latest.
Is size a common factor in the files that have the prob? Is the prob limited to only certain senders?

Link Copied to Clipboard