mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
Hi,

I have some general questions relating to creating my own mirc syntax to be an automated answer bot,

how it works, someone types in like "question 25"
and my character on a server will reply with the answer "whatever". I don't know the first thing about setting that up and if someone would post working example syntax I am fairly confident that I could do the rest. I would like to know where it needs to go, like the remote, ect ect ect.....
I really would appreciate some help!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In its most basic form:
Code:
ON *:TEXT:*:#: {
  if (Question 25 isin $1-) {
    msg #RoomName <Reply to 25 here>
  }
  if (Question 26 isin $1-) {
    msg #RoomName <Reply to 26 here>
  }
  if (Question 27 isin $1-) {
    msg #RoomName <Reply to 27 here>
  }
}
If it is a triviabot you are wanting to make though, the process is much more complicated as you need to keep score and make the bot ask the questions without being prompted more than once.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Quote:
someone types in like "question 25"
and my character on a server will reply with the answer "whatever".

im guessing he wants to auto-answer to trivia bot questions :tongue:

new username: tidy_trax
R
OP Offline
R
not going to be keeping score, its just a toy right now to learn.

would I make my changes to this and save it to like question.ini and then load it in the menu?

ON *:TEXT:*:#: { if (Question 25 isin $1-) { msg #RoomName <Reply to 25 here> } if (Question 26 isin $1-) { msg #RoomName <Reply to 26 here> } if (Question 27 isin $1-) { msg #RoomName <Reply to 27 here> }}

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
think about whether you really want to cheat at trivia before you do it :tongue:

R
OP Offline
R
heh, that's right! but I wanted to learn something while doing it! I thought it would be neat to learn, are the spacing, and tabs very important in the syntax?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
spacing is important and isnt, it depends on what thyre for :tongue:

R
OP Offline
R
this is going to definately take me a long time, but heres what I got so far for an example

ON *:TEXT:*:#:
{ if (Question 25 isin $1-)
{ msg #driver <Reply to 25 here> }
if (Question 26 isin $1-)
{ msg #driver <Cargo Bay 2> }
if (Question 27 isin $1-)
{ msg #driver<citrus blend> }}

do I save this as an ini or mrc file when finished with it?

grin
cause otherwise I have no real clue what I am doing.....

LOL

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As pointed out in another thread, and I know this to be true because I have co-modified a popular triviabot and given it to about twenty people on my own network to run trivia sessions, many recent bots issue questions as one word:

EG: WhatrisgthevcapitalqcitykofAustralia?

It stops automated answering and so the question looks real the random lettering between the actual words are 'edited' with colour codes wrapped around the letters that represent the spaces. So your answer-bot cannot work without very complex scripting, if at all.

The answer to the question for all you trivia buffs is Canberra, ACT.

For the record, and I am known to give my opinion on this, if I saw an answerbot in a room I would k:line it on the spot. It seems a little harsh but this is very bad sportsmanship and is therefore disruptive to the other users wanting to play the game fairly.

R
OP Offline
R
could be, irc ethernet.ods.org #monkey

A friend of mine named spauldo put up a triviabot with his eggdrop. I figured as he adds more questions, I would eventually combat them. its a private network that is down a lot since dsl here is not that reliable. he is using a dalnet style ircd on his firewall/irc server with an eggdrop. I figured I'd goof with him for a while, since he went in my ipchains and redirected just about every web page I visit to disneyland.com and I didn't know how to fix it..... he was playing a joke on me.

Link Copied to Clipboard