Print Thread
#42696 18/08/03 06:57 AM
X
XyberZ Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
X
I am having the problem with the error "Unable to connect to server".

It happened ever since my computer is configured to other computers in my company via Network Neighbourhood.

Prior to this, it has Never happened before. I was able to have a smooth connection on MIRC.

Please help!!!

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Is it possible your company has blocked access? Its not uncommon, as many dont want their employees chatting on company time. I'm not familiar enuf with network neighborhood to venture any other guesses.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
C
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
C
can you use your browser to browsing without use firewall of your company? if that so, then you can use a proxy server to connect to your favorite irc server.

just open your browser and go to Google you will find it a lots of open proxy that support port tunnel for irc connection.
since you don't know, which port is allowed on your company, i recommended you to search for proxy server that listened on port 80

Charlie
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I recommend that the user respects the policies laid down by his employer. I don't think your post is very responsible at all. His use of what you suggested could cost him his job.

In addition to that most, if not all, IRC networks, certainly the reputable ones, completely forbid unsecured proxies at any stage. So at best the user will get himself k:lined.

In addition to that, connecting to a proxy without the owner's permission is a criminal offence in many countries.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
IF the orginal poster's company is indeed blocking chat, please dont be suggesting ways to evade that policy. We dont do that here. As Watchdog pointed out, if they followed your advice they would only get themselves into trouble one way or another. I left your post intact only because of Watchdog's reply explaining why it isnt a good idea.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard