mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#42057 15/08/03 02:33 PM
F
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
Does anyone know the exact length a path\filename can be before MIRC bombs on it? I've written an add-on app that acts as a DCC send manager. Everything works wonderful until I run into a path\filename that's longer than usual. I could always use $shortfn in MIRC, but this even bombs if the length is long enough. So, I have my app converting it to short before sending it, but it ends up on the receiver's hard drive permanently short. This is very annoying. Any ideas?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
If you run into this problem you need to reconsider the way you store files...

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
How long is the path\filename? mIRC should be able to handle LFNs up to 256 characters in length.

F
OP Offline
F
The path that bombed was: C:\Documents and Settings\Timothy\My Documents\My Pictures\Adult\asian\Jade.000e ...which is 180 characters long. When I shortened it, it worked fine.

Ok, now I'm confused. I duplicated the path above and it works. ugh. I have no idea. The path wasn't on my own computer, it was on an IRC friend's. He was helping me test my app. I'm going to have to throw everything I can at it and see if I can find out what the anomaly is. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited by FrethKindheart; 16/08/03 03:30 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard