mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#41414 13/08/03 07:29 AM
D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
If i am connected to an irc server and then play say max payne it is only a few minutes until i hear that i have been disconnected from the server, what gives?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It could be that your computer is devoting most of it's resources to the game which means that all other programmes will falter. It happens to alot of people and only having the latest machine with the fastest processor and the most RAM will give you a chance of getting past it.

D
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
i hope thats not the case as i have a P4 2.4 with a gig of ram and geforceFX plus max payne isnt very state of the art, any way i could check this?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm not sure what effect that game would have, I've only ever played Unreal Tournament. It's strange that the game would affect a computer with those specs though. Gaming has never affected my machines and they are 1300MHz AMD Thunderbirds with 512 MB. Still, there could be another reason, I just know that many computers would suffer the issue I mentioned above.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
WOHO!!! a guy with a good taste of game!! grin

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
if your xp firewall is enabled .. disable it and get something like zonealarm to replace it ...... everytime i was idle in mirc for more than 10 mins it was ping timing out off the server ..... i disabled the xp firewall and went with zonealarm and it hasnt happened since ... right now ive been connected for 2 weeks to the same server i run all kinds of system draining apps and i no longer drop off

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard