mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
H
i was using mirc 6.03 or whatever then suddenly i was disconnected for some reason about being banned from austnet.. what i want to know is how do i connect again.. its quite frustrating

[G_] [F_CK] [Y_ _RS_ LF] .. Would You Like To Buy A Vowel?
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
It is very possible to be banned. It is very possible to be banned on any server. What was you banned for, do you know?

H
OP Offline
H
since when? you won't know how to get the ban off would u? i didn't so anything bad except talk.. confused

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
That's the way all servers are, to prevent IRC users doing things they shouldn't be. Only opers of high access can unban you, I can't. Why don't you try going to the homepage and try contacting the network administrator and see what he has to say. Or just wait the ban, might not get unbanned but worth the wait. Might I add, there is loads of servers not just austnet. I can't spam any servers as it is against the forum's rules. However I can point you in the right direction of the servers ini file. Have a look through there to see what servers there are etc.
List of servers

H
OP Offline
H
i'm still confused though.. on any server i try it won't connect.. how long would the wait have to be... frown

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It's possible that you are permanently banned, and therefore waiting won't help you.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Yes, but how ae they to know they are banned permenantly unless they get (permenant ban).
Anyways, the original poster didn't say what they were banned for, it'd help if theyshowed us ban message.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well I was referring to when he asked how long he has to wait for the ban to be removed, and I was simply saying, the ban may never be removed.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Ohh I see, np.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
What is the ban message you're getting? There should be a reason supplied. All you can do is what's been suggested already - either wait it out, or contact the admins of that network, or try a different network altogether. Might also be an idea to check the network's user policy too so you'll know what's acceptable - most networks have a website where you can find out this sort of information.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You won't be able to log on to any server because networked servers support global bans, which means that a ban on one server often = a ban on all of them. There are also many reasons why an innocent person (assuming that you are innocent) can be banned, if there is big trouble such as an invasion of war bots - a common occurrence these days, then subnets and domains are often excluded to protect the stability of the server/network. Or it maybe an individual who uses the same ISP that you do and have repeatedly avoided bans placed against him.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Try reading this web page if you haven't already, and see if helps you out. Secondly, try reading this - I'd email [email]help@austnet.org.[/email]

As Watchdog says, if you seriously weren't doing anything, then it's likely the G:line wasn't aimed at you + if you can't get on any server, it's a global ban (hence G:line).

Best of luck (if yer innocent!)

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Mentality: Everything you have just said, has already been posted by other users. Try to refrain from that.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Erm, excuse me?

I don't want to get into some lame forum war, but WHO gave you permission to dictate your preferences to anyone else? Who said you could tell me what to do?

And infact, I gave direct links to URLs that were relevant to the topic - nobody else did that.

So..

SladeKraven: You just ordered me around when you have no right to. Try to refrain from that.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Ordered you around? I was keeping you on the right track, so you gave some urls.. Give credit when credit us due, you earned 1 mark out of a possible 10..
Yes I don't want to start any forum was either, however if you need to be pushed in the right direction I shall do so, that is the bottom line..

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Slade & Mentality: It would be appreciated if you'd take your disagreement private, thanks

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Sorry ParaBrat, Mentality. mad

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
H
OP Offline
H
thanks for all the help ppl but .. towards the end of the messages i think that you guys were just trailing off. bye seriously thanks for the help wink

Link Copied to Clipboard