mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Hi there, couldn't find this suggested before so I thought I would add this.

Right now, when you use the tab key to complete a nickname it will first return the first match and then, if there are more, the second one. This is sorted alphabetically and I was wondering if it would be able to make them sort due to idle time instead.

Maybe this isn't something everyone would like to have so maybe you could make it optional and let people select how they want to sort it; nickname (ascending, descending), idle time, status etcetera.

If this cannot be done, maybe an event could be implemented "on TAB" that would let people script this themselves. Just a suggestion and it would be nice if this would be added smile

Your'n

Propogater @ DALnet, #HelpDesk and #Help
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I agree, that sounds like a good idea. However, it would obviously be an option for the user to choose from.

I personally would like to see this:

Sort by idle
Sort Alphanumerically
Sort Alphabetically
Sort by Status (op, voice, halfop etc)

I personally would like to see mIRC display a list of all names matching the first letter (or so) when the tab key is pressed.

Yes, this could be done using a script, but meh.

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
idea's of this have been posted many times in the past.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Rather than have all those many features added to nick completion, I'd rather see an

alias tab { ........ }

feature where you can redefine what the tab key does. Then if you want to sort, go by idle, go by "people I like" or whatever else, you can script it. It'd really be rather trivial to script, if mIRC would let you...

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I agree. Although, I'd also like to see an addition to $input or the on INPUT event, in which you can check for the $keyval; $keychar and $keyrpt.

That would (in my opinion), be better than an alias, as you could then model the tab key to do whatever you wanted within any window with an editbox.

However, to be safe, the on INPUT $keyval; $keychar and $keyrpt would need to be limited to a small number of keys (such as TAB, SHIFT, CTRL, Fx, Numpad, Arrow keys).

--------
mIRC - fun for all the family (except grandma and grandpa)

Link Copied to Clipboard