OP Offline
Self-satisified door
W
just wonder cause i want to get one.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
mIRC is just an IRC client, it doesn't have channels. The channels are created on the IRC server. On most servers, it is free to create your own channel, however it is possible, though I've never seen it, that a network does charge you to create channels. Most likely though, you can create a channel for free by just typing /join #the_channel_name

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
In addition to codemastr's response, to access the IRC servers he speaks of, there is a function in mIRC that lets you choose from hundreds of popular servers.

mIRC Options (Second button from left in the toolbar) - Connect - Second combo box (choose server here) - "Connect to server" button.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
To find out how to register a channel and your nick, (and if the network even has services) look in the MOTD (Message Of The Day, all the stuff that scrolls by when you connect to a server) for help channels and the website of the network.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
you can register any channel on any server

the best way to go about this is to find a server you are first that you are happy with there are loads out there.

i use <edit>

and then find a #room i.e what you wont to call your room

once you go to the room and your the only person in there you will then have a @ by your nick name this normaly means the room is unregistered and free to use.

join a room like #help or #feds to get the registration commands thay differ from server to server but this is a good place to start

once the room is registered to you norm you can then aplie for a bot this is a kind of room wathcher which looks after the room when you are not in channel.

so when you join you will recived the op @ and means ban kick voice people in your room.

hope this helps

Last edited by ParaBrat; 11/08/03 05:46 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard