Print Thread
D
dearjim Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
Hi,

Strange thing happened to me today. When I opened my MIRC, the application freezed for about 1 minute before it can connect to a server. There's nothing you can click on or can be done at that moment but my other applications work fine, and this's just happened today, yesterday it was fine. Can anybody has any idea of what might happen? Thanks very much, your help is much appreciated.

James

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Did you add any scripts that run ON START? If so, I'd be checking them.

D
dearjim Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Watchdog

Thanks for replying my email, in fact I didn't add any script on, I have no idea how to do that. smile When I found out that the MIRC application freezed, I tried to uninstalled the whole thing and installed it again, but same thing happened. At first I thought it was my settings, and I also worried about my computer being hacked..... that kind of stuff (because I did leave the computer on with internet connection all night long, then I found out this happneed the next morning) Anyway, I really appreciated your help. It means a lot to me : ) Thank you so much.

James

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try rebooting your machine and then try opening mIRC again. Whatever the issue is might correct itself.

D
dearjim Offline OP
OP Offline
D
no, I've tried rebooting for many many times, the problem's still here, but thanks anyway.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
wouldnt hurt to run a virus scan to be on the safe side. one of the free online ones that are good at catching IRC type things is at http://housecall.trendmicro.com

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
D
dearjim Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Parabrat

I'll try this scan and see if the IRC application got infected. I'l;l post the result here tomorrow, besides do you guys know another IRC applications that can access to the same server / connect to the same group of people? I like MIRC but this freezing's driving me nuts. Thank you all.

James

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Bersirc is a good one. http://bersirc.com/

D
dearjim Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks Watchdog smile It's good to know there's another out there I could try. Thank you very much.

And also, to anyone who read this post, I still need ideas to solve the 'freezing problem', your helps are much appreciated. Thank you.

Link Copied to Clipboard