Print Thread
#38528 27/07/03 04:25 AM
K
kupotek Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
K
Odd I didnt find a suggestion for this already.

There are a myraid of addons for this all using weird code that never seems tgo quite work right for me.

I suggest a builtin mirc dialog or menu/ to color the nickllist by ops/voice/halfops/normal user/away/banned/etc...

and the abiltity to refresh the nick list etc..

Why mirc cant do this without 3rd party coding is beyond me.

#38529 27/07/03 04:36 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Already is one. Goto tools, address. Then on the nick tab at the top, click add. Select nick color, then check the box next to channel modes, and select a mode prefix.

@ - OP
% - Half Op (Helper)
+ - Voice

-KingTomato
#38530 27/07/03 10:58 AM
S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
There already is one as KT said. However maybe tucked away in the Address Book isn't the right place for a Nick coloring feature? I think more logical would be a tool bar icon of it's own. Or for it to share a tabbed dialog with the Colors icon on the toolbar.

As a related suggestion, there should be a command to bring up the "Nick colors" section from script. /abook brings up the address book, Yes, but it doesn't select the "Nick colors" tab. And sigh yes, I know you can do SendKeys with COM objects, but I dont have WSH installed. And dont wish to install it for an ugly workaround to a feature that should exist natively.

Furthormore, mIRC's default Nicklist popups should have "Nick Colors" which triggers that said command and brings up the nick coloring feature. That is just a nice touch (especially in the absence of an instinctive location for this feature), it isn't essential.

#38531 27/07/03 11:39 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Personally, along the lines of its own command, mirc should have (IMO) a command for every icon on the toolbar. i.e. connect has /server, address has /abook, how about options dialog, color, remote, alias, etc. I mean i enjoy having the default menu, and i also enjoy adding my own buttong. In order to have the old with the new i must goto the tools menu r what have you, and send key to get as defautl button. It would be much easier to just call /options or /colors.

-KingTomato

Link Copied to Clipboard