M
Merlin Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
M
The red line is called Line Marker.
Quote from the mIRC Help file (/help Line Marker):
"Whenever you close or minimize a window, the line marker marks the spot where new messages come in to a channel or query window. This allows you to scroll back and easily see which messages you've missed.
You can press Control+L to scroll back to view the line marker. The line marker is only updated after you've scrolled back to view it."
End quote.
CTRL-L toggles this feature on or off.

DALnet: #HelpDesk, #mIRC, #MISHScript - Undernet: #mIRC, #mIRC-Scripts
Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
LOL :-) The number of years I have used mIRC and I never understood what this red line did, wicked thanks for the information :-D

You won't like it when I get angry.
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Actually that's understandable .. the line marker is a fairly recent development. Well, not that recent, but still recent comparatively speaking. :tongue:

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Z
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Z
I remember when it used to pop up all the time and I was like 'wtf?!?', now that I know it has a meaning I might use it. It actually seems like a good function LOL :-)

You won't like it when I get angry.
M
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
Yeah..That red line seems to separate all you sentences into paragraphs. that's how it works as a 'red marker' smile to see where u missed from the start when u minimize ur mirc.

Mo§e§ £|m

Link Copied to Clipboard