mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
J
Hi there,

I'm an elite scripter who wrote a script that has the look and feel of Napster. It will be released during January or Febuary 2003.

I need to know how How may I load a .txt file, into a dialog window. I do it now with a /loadbuf 1- $+ %nb.lines

If the .txt file contains less than 10,000 lines everything is fine, mIRC does the job in less than 10 seconds on my p1-233.

If the .txt file contains more than 20,000 lines, it takes more than 1 minute. I need some kind of idea about How to optimise that loadbuf command, or otherwise replace it by a timer.... that would load it in 1 minute without hammering mIRC.

anyone can tell me about personnal experiences, hints, pieces of advice, anything would be helpful on that one.

Thanks. Joel Pichette, Unloader for Wal-Mart and elite scripter for a project that will be as powerful as Napster was. grin jpichette@cablevision.qc.ca
Thx!

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
Perhaps only load 1000 lines at a time...

/loadbuf .... $+(%start-figure,-,1000)

J
OP Offline
J
yeah maybe... I'll try that one...
maybe I could deal with that.

Anyway, if anyone else has an idea, i'm open for anything new.

Thx PasMal (merci) blush

If anyone else has an idea, write it, don't put it into the garbage can.

Joël. jpichette@cablevision.qc.ca

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S

Why would you need to load a 20,000 line text file? There could be a better way to store the information depending on what it's for.

Out of interest, which protocols does your script support?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well lemme start out by saying (at least in my opinion) starting out by saying "I'm an elite scripter" doesn't make people want to help you, I know I really don't. I'm looking at it as if you're so "elite" then you can figure it out on your own. There is a thing called modesty, read up on it some day.

Anyway, the only other thing I can think of is using /bread to read the whole file into a binvar then use a loop to write N bytes at a time to the control. This should be faster than using /loadbuf multiple times because doing that will have to open the file, set an offset in the file, read from the file, close the file, each time. Using /bread you instead open, read, close once, then simply loop through the buffer. Reading from memory is always faster than reading from disk.

J
OP Offline
J
Man I'm good, but at my eyes, you're God!

When I'll become rich, I'll pay you the pizza for 1 year dude.
you can email me your email adress at jpichette@cablevision.qc.ca , I wont forget the hint you gave me.

Thx Thx Thx 20 Gig Times. cool

J
OP Offline
J
That one is for codemaster. frown

J
OP Offline
J
Well Starbucks_mafia : Thanks for asking...

Internet Agent 2003 is a software that is a must for everyone who wants full cds. It's also a must for those who speak french as 1st language cause finding french songs is easier on irc than on pear2pear software.

When you launch mIRC, mIRC is reduced to the state of an Icon and becomes `useless`. A dialog opens with 7 tabs :
- Surf the Web
- Mp3 Player
- Servers List
- Lists browser
- Find something
- Check your Transfers
- Play online games over the world wide web

My script (Internet Agent) supports for now:
mp3 channels on irc, @find , !nick song.mp3,
songs lists (1000 to 80,000+ songs), autoresume, autoget, everything to share and downloads songs for the rest of your life. It can close / restart whenever you want and has a timer dedicaced for that.

You don't even have to stay in front of the computer to request more songs, and if you have downloads / uploads ratios, it will deal with em (cause I deal with ratios, and I feel forgotten by other programmers.) grin

It will be released in french and english during january. Translations for other languages will be easy to write, about only 300 text lines are required to be translated for the user interface...

There could be a thousand more text lines if you want the full informations to be displayed over irc too (but mirc is reduced as a tray icon, so don't care about what i just wrote).

Joel Pichette, developper for Internet Agent.
jpichette@cablevision.qc.ca

Last edited by JoelPichette; 31/12/02 01:54 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard