mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
I noticed that I get a lot of 10053 errors when uTorrent is running, even if it isn't using much bandwidth. I don't think it has much to do with bandwidth usage because I'm rarely running xdcc downloads and torrents simultaneously. Is this a problem that can be fixed through program options (e.g. is it possible that they're using the same ports?), or is this just the way IRC connections are?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You can try change server/port, you can also try connect direct to servers IP instead of the usage of the irc.server.host .

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Originally Posted By: mindKILLER
I noticed that I get a lot of 10053 errors when uTorrent is running, even if it isn't using much bandwidth. I don't think it has much to do with bandwidth usage because I'm rarely running xdcc downloads and torrents simultaneously. Is this a problem that can be fixed through program options (e.g. is it possible that they're using the same ports?), or is this just the way IRC connections are?

My observations of running uTorrent/mIRC at the same time.. bandwidth is not a factor. Its the number of open connections. Under default settings, uTorrent likes to have a global limit of 200 connections, with each torrent having a maximum of 50 connections each. So, if you are downloading four torrents at once, you can have a maximum of 200 connections alone from uTorrent.

These kind of settings like to make my modem/router combo (F@ST1704) crash/reset/get a new IP/IRC connects close by a 10053 error, if I am downloading content, as my peace of hardware has a low RAM, and provided by the ISP.

Try lowering the number. (Remember, this can cause torrents to download at a slower speed). I applied these and it works.
uTorrent -> Options -> Preference -> Bandwidth.

My settings:
Global max number of connection: 50
Mac number of connections per torrent: 15

Originally Posted By: sparta
You can try change server/port, you can also try connect direct to servers IP instead of the usage of the irc.server.host .

That most likely won't do anything.. Most likely the modem freaking out over the large amount of connections caused by uTorrent.

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
I've been experiencing the 10053 error for quite some time and I've googled till I'm blue in the face. I'm primarily using my HP laptop with Windows 7. It seems I would get this error after having been idle and as soon as I would use my wireless mouse and clicked the screen, my mirc would disconnect, almost every time. Sometimes my JMeeting would be unaffected while at other times it too would disconnect. I ran across a suggestion to uncheck the box "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in my Wi-Fi router's Power Management. I gave it a try and so far I haven't gotten the error again. Time will tell if this was my fix.

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
This is a continuation of my last posting. I got the error again, the second I used mycursor but I also noticed, I was in hibernation mode. So I clicked the start button, typed in "hibernation", clicked change when computer sleeps. Since I always have laptop plugged in, I only changed that option to "never", saved changes and exited. My feeling is the problem was the hibernation since it immediately disconnected. I'm hoping anyways. Ill keep you posted.

A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
I had the problem of my torrent locking my windows as soon as it connected. and running a guide test came up with a (10053) port error. this is what I did to cure my problem.
1. control panel
2. network and sharing
3. click on your connection
4. under activity click properties
5. click on internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
6. put a dot in--use the following DNS server addresses
7. then enter these numbers
8. preferred DNS server: 208 67 222 222
alternate DNS server: 208 67 220 220
9. then click ok and restart computer and your torrent software. It worked for me. the only other option is to reformat your pc. hope this helps

N
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
N
Getting this same error on multiple nets and servers. Tried different ports 6666-7001. Am using win10 and Hughes net modem. Any suggestions???

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
I've been a user ever since Khaled created mIRC. I've had no trouble all those years, but soon after installing 7.45 I started getting the dreaded 10053 disconnects. A LOT. The OS is Win10 (Microsoft FORCED upgrade).

I've tried...
Reverting to 7.32
Running RepairReimage
Changing servers - tried 'em all on ircnet
Setting up a continuous ping to the server
Setting mIRC options as recommended in this thread
Setting autotuning to disabled
Extending TCP timeout on my router (AT&T standard issue)

Nothing works. Any new info on this?

Last edited by Sirrah; 21/07/16 11:19 PM. Reason: add OS
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
ADD: I've now tried...

* Using that 2-line script starting "on *:START:.timerAnti-10053..."
* A clean de-install/re-install of 7.45
* Installing a brand new router.

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
Now the good news: I resolved it.

For years I've been running a janitorial programme called System Mechanic. It's been good to me at times, in fact. Well, Iolo Technologies did a recent upgrade in which they added what they called "Active Care." Every hour the prog would go through a task list that included "Optimize internet settings." That's what was causing my momentary drop-outs. Applications like e-mail and web browsing wouldn't notice them but IRC, of course, did.

Last edited by Sirrah; 26/07/16 02:00 PM. Reason: though/through
L
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
L
i am getting this also tried all the above does anything work ? as long as i am typing i stay connected

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard