mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
I recently just got a new computer. I use to use mIRC (SysReset 2.53) fine and have no problems but ever since I got the new computer I have been getting 10053 errors. This seems to occur a short while after I start a DCC send/receive, I can stay connected as long as I want if DCC doesn't start. When this error occurs, it seems my entire connection to the internet dies. I can't even access the router settings once this error has occured (I have to use the laptop, which remains connected, to the internet and router) This problem is fixed as soon as the computer reboots. But as soon as I try to do anything on mIRC with DCC it wll have a 10053 error. Any suggestions? I actually read through the entire thread and tried the suggestions there already..

Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
It also seems that my router reports "SYN Flood Attack Detect", i don't exactly know what this means... or if it even has anything to do with this error. But it does seem to show up every time irc is on.

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
This problem is defnetly Port based:
why ?
I myself had this problem ages ago but then i got my bnc (bnc on port 40000) now when this morning my bnc got disconected i saw the 10053 error after a few houres again.

When I try to connect to a diffrent server with default ports (6667-6669 , like quakenet where i'm at) he gives me the 10053 error , on the other hand when i connect to a server with port other then 6667-6669 like irc.insiderz.de (6661)
I get connected instantly (same with my bnc on port 40000)

Don't ask me howcome.

specs:
Internet: cable
Amd64 athlon 3000+
512 mb ram
SP2 win XP had it with SP1 to

EDIT:

I FOUND A SOLUTION !
I went to the www.quakenet.org site and looked for a quakenet server with a difrent server port then 6667-6669
AND got connected IMMEDIATLY !

Last edited by SpiFli; 02/05/05 08:25 PM.
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
P
dont use port 6667 to connect to a network. Most networks have a range of ports, usually within 6660-6669,7000-7001 and you can specify a port with /server some.server.here:7000

connect to the server's ip instead of domain (ie, /server 123.456.789.123 instead of /server some.domain.here)

so lets say i want to connect to 2 networks in chatchanel and grnet through perform.What should i put in chatchannel perform to connect to grnet too? /server darkness.irc.gr:7000(grnet server) or /server grnets ip??

Pls tell me which way u recommend me in order to connect to grnet and how can i see grne's ip?

D
DV8 Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Quote:
dont use port 6667 to connect to a network. Most networks have a range of ports, usually within 6660-6669,7000-7001 and you can specify a port with /server some.server.here:7000

connect to the server's ip instead of domain (ie, /server 123.456.789.123 instead of /server some.domain.here)

so lets say i want to connect to 2 networks in chatchanel and grnet through perform.What should i put in chatchannel perform to connect to grnet too? /server darkness.irc.gr:7000(grnet server) or /server grnets ip??

Pls tell me which way u recommend me in order to connect to grnet and how can i see grne's ip?

To find out a server's IP, type /dns irc.whatever.net

P
P
yea but u didnt answer me what to put in the perform

/server some.server.here:7000

or /server and the ip???

Pls let me know

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Either may work, if you want to connect via the IP then you can use /server ip.goes.here. If you want to connect to the name server, /server irc.server.name.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
P
sth else.Is there going to be in the future a new version of mirc which will fix this problem?

D
DV8 Offline
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Like Mentality said, either method will work. Connecting via the IP numbers doesn't give you a more stable connection but it will get you connected to the IRC server a little bit quicker (one or two seconds) because you're bypassing your ISP's DNS server.

P
P
ok i got that but i asked:Is there going to be in the future a new mirc version which will fix the problem?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The ports that work have nothing to do with mIRC. Some networks have extra ports they allow. Some use only the default ports. If you have issues on a specific port, then don't use it. Not much else to do. I personally connect fine on any port.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It's quite possible/probable that it cannot be fixed within mIRC. Bug fixes/features are rarely pre-announced, so nobody can answer that question (except Khaled, who probably won't answer it).

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
Quote:
Since we have so many threads/posts on this issue, i'm going to condense. Use our search feature, set it to All Forums, expand the date range to ALL, and use 10053 as search term to wade thru all the threads. Note that i'm not including all the various hardware & hiccups things that can cause the occasional 10053 disc.

Many users have been reporting frequent random 10053 disconnect problems during DCC. This seems to be an issue primarily with winXP and occasionally win2k. No one has found a one solution fits all answer, but many have said one or more of the following stopped the problem.

-disable winxp's firewall

-dont use port 6667 to connect to a network. Most networks have a range of ports, usually within 6660-6669,7000-7001 and you can specify a port with /server some.server.here:7000

-dont use "speed patches" that supposedly increase your download speed. (note some of them effect your registry, use speed patch as your search term)

-update your router drivers/firmware. (some have said they needed to use something other than the ones supplied by the manufacturer)

-connect to the server's ip instead of domain (ie, /server 123.456.789.123 instead of /server some.domain.here)

-limit how many networks or other apps you are running

-some have the prob not while dcc sending, but when idle for long periods of time. try creating a channel and using a timer to make a post every so often.

-changing NIC card

-uninstall MSN IM

-check for patches for everything from windows to the equipment you have.

-ONLY for the advanced user: look into default MTU registry values with relation to the router you use.

-some ppl have reported this happening with scripts that appear to have compatibility issues, so try with a clean copy of mIRC to check

I'll add another.. if you get this error every time you connect to a server then also check if you have the latest McAfee installed, there is a 'new' option which by default blocks port 25 and all IRC ports.. yeah, did cost me only about 1 week to figure this out..
* Open Virusscan console (rightclick icon in systray and select virusscan console)
* Open Acces Protection
* Uncheck Prevent IRC communication

So there are propably more antivirus programs which has this new feature.. mad

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Good to know. I have the latest McAfee, but haven't had issues. Most likely it just didn't turn on by default since my updates are all automatic updates.

Invision Support
J
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
J
I have this error too. My case is a little different too. It seems that all of the computers on the campus server that I am on have the same thing too. I can't connect to any server through mIRC. When I open it up, it tries to auto connect and brings up the "[10053] Software caused connection abort." If anyone has any idea of what this could be that would be great.

I'm running Xp through a campus connection, It works fine on my laptop when I'm at home, but when I'm on campus I can't connect. Any help would be greatly welcomed, I miss talking on mIRC.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Contact your college's IT/IS department and see if they are preventing IRC connections. If they are, you can ask them if they can allow connection to IRC... but they probably won't.

Invision Support
J
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
J
Yeah, I'm pretty surt they wont, Is there an easy way around it?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm sorry, but we can't help you to bypass your college's security settings.

Invision Support
J
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
J
Sorry, I just was wondering if there was a known port issues with most security devices or something like that.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's not a matter of a port "issue" if they are blocking IRC. Your best option is really to ask them if they are blocking IRC connections. If they say they aren't, then we would know there's another problem.

Invision Support
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard