mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
C
Babel fish
Babel fish
C
This error (also?) means that you have been nuked.

M
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
I have the working solution for McAfee 8.0

Sorry for my english, im french, but i will tell you how wink
Right-Click on McAfee system tray icon, Consol VirusScan, on the new window, right-click on Acces protection (my mcafee is in french, but, its the first thing in the list), proprieties, and on the list in the middle of the window, you have 2 IRC block, delete it, apply, and its done smile

Thanks a lot for your help, thats help me to find the solution smile And sorry again for my english

M
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the McAfee tip!!

i was getting so mad but ur solution worked perfectly!! i didnt even know it was blocking ports.. i was blaming zonealarm!

thanks

A
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
A
Hi,
I've been reading just about anything and everything I can find about 10053 error, since I encountered this error 27 hours ago, and I have yet to fix the problem.
In my case, this is how it shows:

[15:39] * Connect retry #1 irc.rizon.net (6666)
-
[15:39] -irc.rizon.net- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
[15:39] -irc.rizon.net- *** Checking Ident
-
[15:39] -irc.rizon.net- *** Couldn't look up your hostname
-
[15:48] * [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
[15:48] * Disconnected
-
[15:48] * Connect retry #2 irc.rizon.net (6662)
-
[15:51] * [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
[15:51] * Disconnected

There are two oddities I noticed.
1. Normally, after showing "Couldn't look up your hostname" message, it procedes to check IP address, then connection establishes. However, it hasn't done that since this error occured.
2. There is abnormally long delay (or generally slow) during the connection attempts. It took 12 minutes to try connecting twice, and I found it strange, since it rarely takes more than 2 minutes to connect.

Here are my connection:
Windows XP Professional SP1
.edu T1 connection
mIRC 6.14 with SysReset 2.53

I have tried to use different IRC programs including UPP, and xchat, with same result. Along the line, I heard a rumor about IT having ability to block IRC from school net, but it does not seem likely. I am leaning towards server equipment failure, or error due to attack, but I cannot be sure.

Can someone help me? I read the common cause/solution, and it doesn't seem to fix the issue. And I am also bothered by "Couldn't look up your hostname" line. Any suggestion?

T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
I have had the same troubles for quite some time. Typically aborting every few minutes. This problem wasn't just with MIRC, but also with my online game, Gemstone IV. After tons of research and web surfing I found something that worked for me. So, to add to your list of resolutions...

Alternately, you may follow these steps to rebuild your Winsock manually:
1) Go to Control Panel | Internet Options | Connections | LAN Settings and clear all of the boxes.
2) Re-create the Winsock2 registry entries:
a. Un-install ICS (if installed).
b. Un-install Dial-Up Networking. Do NOT reboot.
c. Delete registry key HLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2
d. Re-install Dial-Up Networking. Reboot.
e. Re-install ICS (if desired).

If you are running Windows XP with Service Pack 2, it is recommended you repair your Winsock using the following instructions:

1) click Start, click Run and type CMD and click OK.
2) At the command prompt type: netsh winsock reset catalog (and press Enter)
3) At the command prompt type: Exit (and press Enter)

Also, check to see if your Winsock is broken or corrupted using any of these utilities:

http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

http://www.bu.edu/pcsc/internetaccess/winsock2fix.html (for Win98, 98se & ME)

http://digital-solutions.co.uk/lavasoft/whndnfix.zip (Win 95, 98, 98se & ME, this will open up in WinZip.)

http://www.hometownohio.com/faq/files/WinsockXPFix.exe (for Win XP, this is an executable file.)

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257 (for Windows 98/Me/NT/2000 or XP.)

I'm also going to change my NIC card, but since I ran the utility above for XP and reset the winsock, I haven't seen this error at all.

Good luck with this headache if you have it!

K
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
K
I’ve tried the tricks mentioned in this thread and still no go.

My problem started when I converted to DirecWay (Sat Internet) and it’s with one particular server. While I do get the message occasionally on all servers that I’m on, this one doesn’t even let me connect. I’m running WinXP (SP2) and have all the updates.

* Connecting to 203.98.164.26 (6669)
-
* [10053] Software caused connection abort
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #1 203.98.164.26 (6669)
-
* [10053] Software caused connection abort
-

C
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
C
Iam gettign this problem with the SuprNova Server basically, What could be the problem, programs running:
mIRC 1.16 w/ NNScript 3.81
MSN 7.0 BETA
AIM
Azureus 2.2.2.0
STEAM
ZoneAlarm Pro

I see one the solutions is to uninstall MSN, hiow would that effect it?

M
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
M
I'm having that [10053] problem too. I know the reason but im not sure how i can fix it so i need help.

If i idle i get disconnected. I think it's my router's firewall becouse i dont have that problem when i take it off. But i dont want to take it off so im asking if you can help me. Im using mIRC 6.16 with NNS 3.81.

I need your help!

L
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
L
I havent used mirc in awhile, but recently started using again and geting this error. So far I've just upgraded to newest mirc verison to see if itd fix it, it didnt.

Right now we have wireless networking in our house with comcast, but my comp is hardwired. The cable modem/ wirless router is a Linksys Wireless-G cable Gateway model # WCG200-CG. Does this function as a nat, because I also use a linksys befsr41, and itd probably be a bad idea to use 2 nAT's but I was getting this error even before I reconnected my NAT.

BTW, I only get this error with EnterThegame, never Gamesurge and I always connect to both. So does that rule out the possibility of it being my system?

Also some people say to configure TCP settings because windows default settings are usually for slower connections, how do I do that? All I need to know is where to find the settings, I'll figure out the rest. Any other advice would be appreciated smile

K
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
K
I had the same problem with MAfee v8. I couldn't connect at all no matter what IRC client I used.

There are options in the configuration for port blockers. Scroll through this and remove the IRC one's. Since I've done that I've been okay.

L
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
L
I certainly hope that they are working on this issue cause its affected everyone I talk to on mIRC. Seems to me like its more like a problem with the mIRC software rather then something in Windows. Hopefully the next version of mIRC will solve this problem

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This is unlikely, as it isn't a "bug" in mIRC. Bugs occur to everyone. The only time I ever get this error is when there's a problem with the server I'm on or if my Internet connection is interrupted.

This error does happen to everyone at some point, hence this thread. But a new version of mIRC is not going to fix it.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
P
i have this problem.I use mirc and i am connected to 2 networks.Sometimes it disconnects me and tells me software caused connection abort.How can i solve this?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
There's no one solution for this problem. Read through the suggestions given in this topic and try them.

S
S
Currently running v6.15 on Windows XP Home SP2. AIM, MSN 6.2, Mozilla 1.02, Norton Antivirus 2005, Kerio Personal Firewall 4 also running. I live on a university campus, and I do not use a router. Three days ago mIRC started giving me the 10053 Software caused connection abort message, and will not stop doing so. I can connect to irc.enterthegame.com just fine, but upon doing anything, such as setting a mode, ctcp/notice, priv msg, or sending text to a channel, it disconnects me after roughly 30 seconds. During my entire time on this network (as well as other networks that have done the exact same thing), I cannot see/receive any messages that were sent. I've gone through my computer and tested all the suggestions listed here in this thread. I've scanned numerous times with different programs for both viruses and spyware/malware. I can't find anything that could be causing this error. I've tried mIRC v6.14 through 6.16, and each time, the same thing happens. Is this a software error indeed? Or is it more likely a network error? I can telnet to irc.enterthegame.com, but I couldn't figure out quite how to communicate within the telnet window. Thanks in advance for your help.

O
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
O
I tried ALL kind of things to get rid off that 10053 error.
My PC was directly connected to my modem ( speedtouch 510 )
Then at a moment I had a LAN switch connected between my PC and modem...my problems were SOLVED!
From then on, I had NO 10053 errors.

Listen:I didn't change anything in my configuration ( modem or PC) or didn't install some software,I just connected a LAN switch between my PC and modem,that was ALL! grin

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
I just installed Norton Antivirus today and noticed I got this error again after so long of not having it. It would appear something to do with Norton Antivirus causing this problem. I had Panda Titanium Antivirus before and never had the problem until recently installing Norton Antivirus so Norton must be the cause for me. Does anyone know if Norton has some setting to be turned off or on so I don't get this error anymore?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
I've not used NAV for a very long time, can't you right click on the NAV icon in the system tray to disable it?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The latest Norton automatically turns on its firewall and that has caused many people to have problems without knowing why. Just kill the firewall. Or kill Norton!!! laugh

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It has an "Internet Worm Protection" feature which acts a bit like a firewall, it COULD be the issue. I had problems with it too (i.e. blocking IdentD), but I don't recall getting this error.

To disable it, go to Norton Antivirus 'Options' and undernet Internet click on 'Internet Worm Protection', then uncheck the box at the top.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard