mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
molitar Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
I start mIrc by joining a specific server and on the perform option of that server I have...

/nick <name>
/msg NickServ IDENTIFY <pass>
/join #<channel> <key>
/server -m irc.cerf.net:6666

Now when I do the join using the -m switch in the peform mIrc 6.03 seems to ignore the checkbox saying hide ping! pong! so I keep getting these stupid pings from the second server. Is their a command switch to hide ping! pong! events? Or is this a bug in mIrc I discovered?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't reproduce it, you have any scripts loaded? Some may be responding to the event.

-KingTomato
M
molitar Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I do have an old script installed it's very old Do Or Die from a long time ago. If you can tell me what event to look for I can see if something is interfering. I never had a chance to find another nice easy to use script that has bot commands, remote op capability, as well as a few fun stuff in it without being too much of a burden. Perhaps you can recommend something more up todate for me?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well you would be looking for an ON *:PING or ON *:PONG event in the script itself.

Also you mentioned bot, does this mean this is all for a bot? I have one I personally made on ym website if you are interested. Has seveal commands and user levels, autojoin, auto-identify, etc. Also ^op, ^deop, things of that nature. Might be worthwhile to check it out. >:D

-KingTomato
M
molitar Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Not for bot itself but for bot commands and maintenance. General bot control. And good for xdcc commands too since when I use xdcc I don't have to type entire command just right click on one with xdcc and send xdcc message with a popup window that asks me to type in trigger.

Thanks for the quick reply.. I'll search the script for them two commands. And what is the ym site?

Link Copied to Clipboard