mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Gate Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
G
Greetings, i have a very simple relay bot that mirrors a chan across 3 networks.. i would like to know if it is possible to slow the text speed down because with over 100 users certain networks will kill the bot (excess flood)...

i would like to limit it to one line per half-second or 1 second.

im an very new to mirc scripting and would like to make this bot functional and successful smile

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
one thing you can do -- no guarantees on how wise it is -- is to have the bot write every line received to a txt file, and on the other end run a timer that reads/echos/deletes the first line in the same file every 600 msecs. A hidden custom window might also do the trick.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N
Not only would that slow the speed of text but it will slow your computer if you written everything to a file.

We don't just write the scripts, we put them to the test! (ScriptBusters)
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
That's why I said "no guarantes how wise it is" and why I suggested the custom windows....

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius
B
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
B
Yes, using a custom hidden window is what I do in a somewhat related situation. I would create 3 custom windows, one for each of the networks. Use them as FIFO buffers by using /aline to add all text from the associated network. Set a timer for each window to read line 1, output to the server, and then delete it from the window.

BTW, server flood control can be set to anything the server ops want, but I don't believe 1 line every 1 sec will work for you.

Link Copied to Clipboard