mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#36925 18/07/03 05:25 AM
Z
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Z
ok, i know it has been posted in some topics... but i have a better idea about this stuff...

we all know that mirc have 16 colors... and we can use these 16 colors to send messages... right...
we also know that, for reasons of compability and blablabla, these colors will not be expanded... right...

will not be extend cuz of the "other clients"... buuuuuuuuut why cant you make a /Xline using rgb colors?

i think you all got the idea cool

#36926 18/07/03 05:32 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A)
As you already mentioned its been talked about, so how about adding your comments to one of those threads...

B)
There nothing stopping you from changing the current 16-color pallet. goto alt+c and change ur color by right clicking

C)
It wouldn't be far fetched to allow you to change 1-6 independantly from 17~99. That would give you the extended colors on your own syste, but if anything the rgb idea would make other client uncompatable, not using []17~[]99

-KingTomato
#36927 18/07/03 05:43 AM
Z
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Z
A) sorry, but its because in the topics i found, they were talking about something different about colors, i thought it would be better make another topic
B & C) thats not what im talking about

i dont want to change colors... i want it the way it is... but make, for an example, /cline in a nicklist using the color (17,109,140), not the color 4 for an example (i know these colors are completly diffentent hehe)

im not talking about make $chr(3) compatibloe with rgb, but thinking about it a little more... khaled would have to rewrite the mirc controls that he created, if he uses "color IDs" (4 for rgb(255,0,0) for an example)

#36928 18/07/03 09:31 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
you just killed your previous statement...

Quote:

will not be extend cuz of the "other clients"... buuuuuuuuut why cant you make a /Xline using rgb colors?

making something like $+($chr(3),$rg(255,0,2455)) would make something like []16711935 Now i ask you, think other clients will recognize that? give me a break.. If you want other color, edit your own pallet.

-KingTomato
#36929 20/07/03 02:43 AM
Z
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
Z
you are still not getting my idea (is my english so bad?)

"will not be extend cuz of the "other clients"... buuuuuuuuut why cant you make a /Xline using rgb colors?"

i meant, the 16 colors will not be extended... JUST THIS, forget the rest :P
i just want to /aline, /cline, etc, with rgb... no other client will see []934876 because I WILL NOT SEND THIS... it will just change the way "textboxes" (or just "listboxes") display the text... instead of use a palette of 16 colors, it uses a 16bit... irc will interpret []4 like [](255,0,0) for an example, but just client side... so you can make /echo [](50,100,150)text...
the [] could be another character...

or make this just for lists... so there is no [](1,2,3)... and i dont know how the mirc listbox works, but i suppose that it dont uses [], so i think its easier

PS: substitute the "will"s on the text for "would"s :P

#36930 20/07/03 02:46 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:

i just want to /aline, /cline, etc, with rgb... no other client will see []934876 because I WILL NOT SEND THIS

Strike two, if your the only one befiting, press alt+k, and edit your own pallet. k thnx

In addition, if you want "pretty" colors so bad, there are several dlls, including mdx, for doing what you are talking about. Even if you add the compatability, now the ability to change editbox-text colors has to be added. Its not a "simple little feature"

If you want all the eye candy of a dialog, u may want to consider /window -p

-KingTomato
#36931 20/07/03 08:22 AM
Z
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
Z
Actually it's "Strike Three," since that was your third post. It's pretty easy to understand what he is suggesting.

/cline [c] <@name> <N> changes the color of the Nth line to color C

Now c could be a color index like it is now or it could be RGB values converted with $rgb().

/cline 16744576 @Bloop Poop!

That would color text "Poop!" a light shade of purple, whether it's an index color or not. Maybe a [-r] flag could be used for easier parsing. In any case, I don't see why it's a bad idea or only useful for him. It's a handy idea, it won't break other clients and everybody is happy. I made a custom notify list with a simple /window but am limited to the colors of any themes I may be using. Definately something that ought to be native.

Oh, and MDX only works on DIALOGS. k thnx.

Link Copied to Clipboard