Print Thread
#3685 27/12/02 09:16 PM
C
CalXp Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Hello there people, Just got a Question, im hoping to get some help on...
Any one out there no how to add a sports ticker to a irc chat, I always wanted to start a Sports Service Irc Chat, But need A little something Extra.....A sports ticker would update sport scores with out needing to cut and paste...I was thinking maybe a Bot could do it, any help would Be very appreciated.

Thank You crazy

#3686 27/12/02 09:50 PM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
If your question is "Is it possible for a script to pull data from a web site I know about that keeps up-to-date sports scores on a page I know the URL to?" then the answer is "Yes, that is quite possible. There are many scripts available that check a web site for current weather conditions and report the results back into a channel. There should be no reason that a similar site cannot be found and used the same way using a socket, knowing how to script and knowing how HTTP works."

If your question is "Will someone please write that script for me?" then the answer is most likely "No." unless you can find someone who is particularly bored, who has the requisite knowledge, and who might be intrigued by the "challenge" of the idea.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
#3687 27/12/02 10:38 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Or if he happens to be willing to pay someone to script it wink

Link Copied to Clipboard