mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
raz Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
Is there any way I can avoid this error? Can anyone tell me if it's usually a script error, mirc, etc? I appreciate any feedback. Thank you. grin

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes - Click here.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Many ppl have reported probs with 10053 error, especially those using xp (and some with 2k). If you use the search feature here, set it to All Forums, and expand the date range to All, with 10053 as your search term, you can wade thru what others have tried and found successful, altho its not a one solution fits all kind of thing. For many users it appears that its winxp/firewall/router related, not mIRC or scripts, altho there can be any number of reasons behind 10053 error.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
R
raz Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I did just that. There doesn't seem to be anything in specific causing the trouble. I uninstalled MSN messanger a couple days ago.. haven't had 10053 rear it's ugly head yet. grin
Thanks for your help.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
you're welcome, and thanks for mentioning it has stopped (so far) after you uninstalled MSN thingie. That hadnt been mentioned as a possibility, but i'll add it to my list of maybe helpfuls smile

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
removing msn IM from xp isnt a point and click uninstall as far as i remember ..... but it can be easily removed Here is a sie that can walk ya thru it pretty easily

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
thanks, i made a note of the url

Link Copied to Clipboard