mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#35542 12/07/03 06:33 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You are just taking things out of context yet again.

My first post here stated that /cline was a part of mIRC before internal nicklist colouring was added. Sorry, I should have stated it in simpler terms for you so I will now. Please take note of the order and read slowly and three times....

1. /cline function allows nicklist colouring. Type /cline 12 codemastr and your name will turn a pretty blue colour. (This is the fact I acknowledged in my first response to you.) This is VERY EASY to SCRIPT - just run it from channel events is the easiest way. :tongue:
2. A few versions ago, I forget which one, nicklist colouring was added to the mIRC Address Book dialogue. This makes /cline redundant for most purposes.
3. I replied to your response about being able to script /iline and /mline because I feel that just because something is easy to script doesn't mean it HAS TO be left out of mIRC, as /cline was easy to script and later mIRC was to get nicklist colouring added.

In short, I don't give a monkeys if something is scriptable. I am not for or against the original post. The fact that something is scriptable doesn't make adding it to mIRC.exe a useless exercise.

#35543 12/07/03 08:13 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well don't yell at me because your poor wording made it hard for me to understand what you said. How am I to know when you say "/cline was easy to script" it means "you can easily use /cline to implement nick list coloring however that was added to mIRC anyway"? Saying "/cline was easy to script" says that it is easy to make your own /cline, if you don't see how that is confusing, well then I can't help you.

Anyway, making nicklist coloring doesn't even compare to this. To make the dialog for the nicklist coloring is gonna be 20+ lines, then the on text, on action, etc events and handling all that is going to be roughly 300 lines of code. This will be 3-4 lines of code. How does that compare?

Code:
alias swline {
  var %t = $line($1,$2)
  .rline $1 $2 $line($1,$3)
  .rline $1 $3 %t
}

Syntax: /swline @window N M
Desc: Swaps line N and M of the window @window

How can you compare that 3 line snippet to a 200-300 line script to create nick list coloring?

#35544 12/07/03 09:26 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The function only works properly when I subtract 3. I appreciate that the number is subject to change based on settings, but i'm telling you that I MUST subtract 3 in order to get it to work.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#35545 13/07/03 02:30 AM
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Actually you were right, I was wrong. $window().dw adjusts its value when you change this setting, taking into account the border size. Even if it didn't though, I should have doubled the value, since there are two border lines on either the left and right side of the window, but the right one is kinda hidden because of the scrollbar. The number 3 that your script (correctly) subtracts from the width comes from a totally different factor: the fact that the first character of each line begins at the 4th pixel, ie there is an extra area of 3 pixels between the inner edge of the window (including any border) and the start of the 1st character of a line. magnify.exe has to be the most useful windows applet, I should've used it properly the first time smile

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
#35546 13/07/03 02:39 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Not a problem. I would be lying if I said I didn't learn anything while on these forums aswell.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#35547 13/07/03 05:39 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
To make the dialog for the nicklist coloring is gonna be 20+ lines, then the on text, on action, etc events and handling all that is going to be roughly 300 lines of code.

300 lines? I managed it all in about twenty in a script I wrote four years ago. Infact back then I think my script was about 300 lines all up, excluding the commensurate pretty popups that most scripts come with. It had as close to perfect nicklist colouring that one could have at the time too. Ahhh life was so simple back then.

#35548 13/07/03 03:29 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Then I can assure you your nick coloring code did NOT have all the features the one in mIRC has, the "add" dialog in the mIRC nick coloring feature has 19 controls in it. That means the dialog { } to create a similar dialog alone would be more than 20 lines.

#35549 14/07/03 01:25 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You are getting better sunshine. You have gone from /cline can't be scripted to realising the point I tried to make all along.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard