Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
Hey Guys,

Umm I am making a script based on mIRC and i was downloaded this thing called resource hacker, it displays all the code used to make the menus and stuff on mIRC. i want to change two things, the Bg of the buttons that tells ya who your chatting to, and what rooms you in. Also the Menu bar, E.g File ect. I was wondering if i could put a code in there to change the bg to black. I have msn so post if ya want. Please help me thanx ! confused

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
so you want to change mirc using a resource hacker so you can take all the credit for it yourself?

new username: tidy_trax
C
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
no...i want to change mirc's appearence.........

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
isnt customizing your own toolbar,switchbar,background,nicklist,windows,dialogs and statusbar enough?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I was wondering if i could put a code in there to change the bg to black.

Type /colour background 1

That makes the background black. There is no need to hack the .exe for that. The rest can be done with dll's.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
or save yourslef a character (and prove you realise the correct spelling) and use /color

-KingTomato
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yourslef? You spelt yourself and colour wrong. :tongue:

And always remember, people that take shortcuts all the time don't necessarily get what they want any quicker.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
i dun c how me typin this way is longer dan u typin like

I don't see how me typing this way is longer than you typing like

that >:D

BTW: youslef and yourself are still of equal length >:D

-KingTomato
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you pick up a Macquarie, Collins or Oxford dictionary you will see what is the correct spelling.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
as for webseter's?

and for dictionary.com ( http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=colour )
"variant of color"
Where as ( http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=color )
color doesn't say "varient of colour"

Speaks for itself, i'd say. >:D

-KingTomato
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
thats because in america its spelt color and in england and a few other countries its spelt colour.
i get really annoyed when my spell checker says i spelt colour wrong mad

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
personally, I always chalked it up to the po TAY to vs po TAH to - both are correct and depending on where you live determines how you say it (with colour/color) or spell it

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Why would you bother looking in a dictionary where nothing is spelt correctly? That's why I offered the other three suggestions.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Funny, my Oxford dictionary doesn't mention "fairdinkum"

I just checked an online edition of the Collins dictionary, it doesn't seem to know of "fairdinkum" either, and neither does an online Cambridge dictionary... Who is the one making up words again?

Last edited by codemastr; 11/07/03 04:22 PM.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
How odd. I only have two dictionaries in my house to look it up in (one old abridged Websters and an unabridged Random House), but I managed to find it in both of them; however, it lists it spelled as two separate words; no wonder your dictionary cannot find a single word spelled that way.
  • Random House Compact Unabridged Dictionary (Copyright © 1996, 1993, 1987 by Random House, Inc.)

fair´ din´kum, Australian. dinkum.
    din•kum (ding´kum), adj. Australian. genuine; authentic. [1890-95 of obscure orig.]
  • Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary (Copyright © 1979 by G. & C. Merriam Co.)

¹din•kum \'ding-kum\ adj [pro. fr. E dial. dinkum, n., work] Austral: authentic, genuine
    ²dinkum adv, Austral: truly, honestly
  • http://dictionary.reference.com
Incidentally, just for fun, I looked up colour in my two dictionaries and you'll never guess what I found: it was in both of them!

Perhaps I know of the term because I'm old; perhaps it's because I read books (it's used occasionally in fictional books). It's certainly not an obscure English word/phrase...and certainly not at all difficult to look up in any dictionary.

I have three questions: Why are you fighting over "fair dinkum" and "color vs. colour"? Are you professional English-language grammarians? And if you are, what does that have to do with mIRC (which is demonstrably international)?

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I have three questions: Why are you fighting over "fair dinkum" and "color vs. colour"?
Well I don't like that every time I or someone else makes a post with the word "color" in it we get a response of "it's spelled colour." We are aware that in different countries it is spelled differently, does it needed to be pointed out each time we use the word? And as for "fairdinkum" my point was simply that he is complaining people are using the US spelling of words and we should all use "proper" English when at the very same time (as the dictionary entries you pasted point out) he is using Australian English all the time. Meaning, either stop complaining when we do it, or stop doing it himself.

Are you professional English-language grammarians?
I prefer the terms philologist, etymologist, or linguistic historian wink

And if you are, what does that have to do with mIRC (which is demonstrably international)?
I haven't a clue.

Oh and yes I'm sure you meant this in a general sense not specifically to me, however I felt like answering anyway smile

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
your post was as pointless as this 1.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Maybe so, but the difference is you seem to get upset when people say it to you, it doesn't bother me at all. If you think what I say is useless, I've got the perfect solution for you... when you see a post by me, click your browser's back button and skip to the next thread.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
a lot of your posts are fine, but its when you start arguing about pointless things(i already do skip them). and giving long lectures about nothing.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Maybe if you read the 'lectures' you'd learn something and stop giving half-witted answers ALL the time. Sorry, but it has to be said.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard