mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
A
I can change most of the default mIRC .ini files by editing mirc.ini in the main directory, like the popups, and aliases, and all, but is there any way to change the location of
control.ini (the auto/ignore/op/protect list) and the mirc.ini ?

I have most of the ones i can change, in a sub folder, so that the main directory isnt crowded.

If the answer is no, would I have to hex/disassemble mirc to do this? (and yeah I know im not suppost to, as long as i dont give it out to anyone else)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't know the answer to the last question, I cannot find a place that allows mirc.ini to be relocated. Chances are if there was then the information would have to be stored there which would mean the function wouldn't work.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
the mirc.ini location is hard coded in the executable, however, there is a setting that you CAN change to point to a new location. Edit your mIRC shortcut, and add the commandline switch -i <[path_to]new_file> where you can specify either a new filename.ini or an absolute (and possibly relative) \path\filename.ini

"c:\program files\mirc\mirc.exe" "-i c:\program files\mirc\myfolder\mirc.ini"

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
A
OP Offline
A
I guess that could work....except I don't access my mIRC with a shortcut, or most of my programs for that matter..., and for script testing purposes, even if I did do it with a short cut, there's times when your IN the folder itself doing things. So, that would mean that I would always have to access mIRC.exe with the short cut, or else, if I click on the executable, it'll create the default mirc.ini and use those defaults..

So..its not a permanant fool proof method, but thanks for the suggestion.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It also doesn't provide a solution for control.ini, so I think perhaps a note to Khaled would be in order requesting this option. control.ini was just recently split off of mirc.ini in the last few versions btw.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard