mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Then maybe you should look again seeing as how there are several.

H
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
H
Okay... so I'm assuming that there will be another version of mIRC within a few months at the most.

As for the rest of this thread, I can't figure out why you would all rather flame and fight over whether the question was asked for the right or wrong reasons, rather than moving on to the part where you either can or can't answer it and do or don't. You're all too busy "discussing" the idea of a discussion to actually hold one?

What would Khaled do? Well... (and for those who can't distinguish, this is a joke) maybe we should all take a year off from posting and see how it goes? :cP

Anyway, so yes there will be a new mIRC, and NO, there is no real precedent for this gap since the last one, so there is not a very clear indication of when, or what this may mean for mIRC's new version.

Of course Khaled has his own life, as any living thing does. It is silly to think that he wouldn't, or that he has stopped maintaining mIRC based on the lack of a recent release. Some things take time...

be patient... and stop arguing, for Bob's sake!

-hobo

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's amazing how some people change their tune when they find it convenient to do so.

N
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
N
I think he's dead shocked

B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
pardon me for saying this but Geez, you are so rude. No one's trying to snoop into Khaled's personal life. No one's trying to be his daddy LOL And no one is keeping tads on him. Some of us just like mirc so much we're interested in finding out where it's going, to see maybe what the future release is going to be like, that's all. We're not trying to push him, or rush him into making the future release. we're not trying to find out any additional info about the maker. I was going to ask if the upgrade was going to be a major upgrade or a minor upgrade but im afraid to now. Geez. i retract my question. He Created a product and a message board for the product .. what the hell is the point in having a message board if you aren't allowed to ask any questions about the product? Geez. you guys talk about how you hate rudeness, but between you and that moderator, you two are the rudest people in this thread. im sorry to be saying this, but it's true. and if this post gets my account deleted, then so be it, but let me say just one thing.....

IT'S NOT RUDE TO BE CURIOUS!

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I agree that it's not rude to be curious, but people do sometimes get tired of answering the same questions over and over, despite the fact that there is a 'sticky' post addressing the question regarding future mIRC releases. There is also a search feature to these forums. Personally I just think it's pointless asking when the new version will be out anyway - releases are never pre-announced. Of course people are curious, and look forward to new releases, but the fact is, nobody knows till it's released.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
I'm sorry you feel that way guy, I don't know if you read any other post besides mine, but someone was demanding to know whether or not Khaled was working on mIRC or his suntan. I simply responded back stating that Khaled has a life and is entitled to some free time. Looking at code majority of the time would drive me insane.

And as for you pointing out me being rude...hell yeah I can be because it blows my mind when many people join these boards in response to someone's post without reading the sticky posts or using the search feature.. Not to mention there is a mailing list that will send you an e-mail when the new version comes out should you choose to sign up for it. Its been too repetetive on these boards lately I've seen the same question being asked within minutes of each other. Although that is going to happen, people should take the time to read this entire website (Including Khaleds page) to find out more about mIRC...

The moderators I can understand their frustrations on these forums...having to point people to posts that can be easily found using the search feature, having to delete spam and unwanted threads, putting up with the bickering of others day in and day out... I don't blame them for being a little rude at times.

To answer your question about the majority/minority of the upgrade, just wait and see and be patient.

Its not rude to be curious, just don't demand to know what the hell Khaled is doing if he isn't coding mIRC...I'm not saying you did someone else did that already. I'm just making a point.

Last edited by The_Game; 11/07/03 09:50 PM.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
With all due respect, did you read the first post in this thread? Suggesting that Khaled is "goofing off" and "millions" are waiting to see if he's just "been working on his tan"
wasnt a simple curious "when will the next release be out, whats gonna be in it" and i wouldnt consider it "a question about the product". I'm sorry you think i'm rude, but since I consider Khaled to be a friend, i strongly resent the implications in that post, as well as seeing the same user refer to him as "ugly". I wouldnt tolerate any user calling any other user a name. Name calling simply isnt tolerated here. If indeed its a bit of colloquilism, its isnt one im familiar with. Interesting how the posters rudeness to me for following policy by editing out name calling is fine to you.

If you read thru these forums, you will see many ppl asking about the next version. They are referred to the sticky post or its explained yet again that release date/timeframes for new versions are NEVER announced in advance. New features arent revealed in advance, and only rarely will Khaled refer to something as "being fixed next version".

The objections raised in this thread arent because someone was curious about when the new version will be released or whats going to be in it (altho its a pointless question since its answered repeatedly and easily found). Sure anyone can ask, but they will get the same answer: New releases and additions arent announced in advance. That includes any advance notice as to whether a release will "major or minor".

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
R
Ryker Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
Actually my bet is we are very close to seeing something quite fantastic and it won't be Khaled with a carribean suntan.

My original post was intimating this in a light hearted fun way and my only mistake was I misjudged the maturity of the moderators here. Sorry about that!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
"big and ugly enough" is kind of colloquial but I can understand that people not familiar with it will take offence. It just means being a man instead of a boy basically. Once I saw Karen (I think on the old forum) tell someone who was moaning about something trivial to "take a hike", I just assumed she meant that the user should be on the computer alot less though I found it quite amusing because down here it means "piss off" lol.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Watchdog: actually, "take a hike" CAN have the same meaning here grin

Ryker: i am unclear as to whether you deem my lack of familiarity with your slang, or my following policy by editing out what appeared to be name calling, or my failing to "get" your odd concept of humour to be an indication of immaturity. Oh. wait. perhaps that another sample of your sense of humor that only LOOKS like an insult.

L
L
Khaled has been working on his sun tan and working on mIRC at the same time! I feel Khaled has no right to live his life outside of mIRC because he's the legend. He must devote his life to mIRC. I'm Khaled's daddy and it matters. If Khaled is living then he has a life. What was he eating under there?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Its a wonder you got your name...

-KingTomato
L
L
It's a wonder if you're really the king of the tomatoes, and eat poison apples all day.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
ok, enuf with the insults y'all

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard