Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Ryker Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
Nearly a year has passed since 6.03 was released. One can only wonder what Khaled has been up to ..... millions will soon see if he has been goofing off or working hard on mIRC. Has Khaled been working on mIRC or his suntan?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
And you feel Khaled has no right to a life outside of mIRC because?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Are you his daddy? Does it matter? Nope. Does Khaled also have a life? Yep. Will there be a new version? If things have changed since the last time I heard, yep.

<sarcasm>
I'm sure Khaled will drop everything in his personal life to work on mIRC just to make you happy.
</sarcasm>

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
What's a duck-billed platypus?

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan

- Jason
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A duck billed platypus is the only kind of platypus. A cross between a duck and a possum. They live most of their life under water and are one of the world's only egg-laying mammals.

http://www.zoo.nsw.gov.au/content/view.asp?id=1069

My turn for a question: How much can a koala bear?

T
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
T
Spiny anteaters lay eggs

trenzterra
AustNet #trenzterra and #w
Head Scripter @ http://trenzterra.uni.cc
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well I did say "one of the world's only egg-laying mammals", not thee only one. grin

And it's not a spiny anteater, it's an echidna. :tongue:

R
Ryker Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Would I have more rights to question what Khaled has been up to if I was his Daddy? grin

Yes he has a right to a life other than mIRC same as I have a right to ask what he has been up to :tongue:

If he has been working on another project then I would be keen to know. Is it any of my business? Nope none at all. But I am still interested and have a right to ask don't I?

So you mIRCodians stop sucking up to Khaled, he is big enough <moderator edit> to defend himself smile

Last edited by ParaBrat; 09/07/03 06:44 AM.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
No one is sucking up, merely taking exception to the tone of your post. Your implication wasnt one of interest as to what if any project he's been up to. If you want to know what interests him outside of mIRC, check out his website.
What did you expect, that you would demand to know if he has been "goofing off and working on his tan" and he would drop everything to give you a detailed account of his activities and the status of work on the next version?

There is no need for namecalling and insults directed at anyone, be it Khaled or any other user.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
...and we have the right to say that its none of your business what Khaled does outside of mIRC. So you do have the right to ask/demand, but don't expect a straight answer if your post has a smartass tone to it.

Had he been working on another project he would probably let the moderators know this to relay to the rest of us, or else he would just keep it to himself.

As for Khaled coming to defend himself, sure he probably reads these post who knows maybe this one already, and he knows that the moderators can probably petty questions like yours. And as far as anyone sucking up goes, who's sucking up? There are many people that are members here who choose to donate their free time to helping others when in fact they could be doing something more productive outside of the net.

So unless you have another question don't bother replying to me cause i'm done with this thread.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I for one am sucking up... in hopes he'll grant me the pleasure of beta testing for him, some day. grin

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
R
Ryker Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Parabrat take a chill pill you are way too over stressed. Maybe you have just spent too much time on IRC LOL

Saying someone is 'big enough and ugly enough' to defend themselves is far from an insult and is more a term of endearment where I come from!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Saying someone is 'big enough and ugly enough' to defend themselves is far from an insult and is more a term of endearment where I come from!

Can I assume you are Australian then? Because here the term "big and ugly enough" is infact used 'lightly' to describe someone as tough enough to go their own way, though we also have a habit of minding our own business. grin

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
-Where i come from, calling someone ugly is name calling. (ever so cute the way you figured you'd get it in anyway. im just so impressed. i'm sure you can figure out that if i chose to, it would be gone?)

-my online time is spent primarily answering questions and dealing with users, many of whom (like you) react with rudeness.

-i returned your "chill pill", i'm sure you'll find it in the morning

A
A
Parabrat, you should get outside more often.. wink

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Since one usually has to be indoors to use the 'Net it surprises me that anyone can justify making such an absurd remark.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Well thats because you people haven't discovered the greatness of 802.11g on a laptop outside!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am well aware of what a wireless link on a LAN is like, I use one at work. I am speaking on behalf of the majority (including myself) who cannot either afford or be bothered having it at home.

K
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
K
hmm... I don't see a message from Khaled anywhere here. And... yeah. I do wonder if he's been working on mIRC? confused

KevinJr42
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard