mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#33898 03/07/03 06:33 PM
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
mIRC does not trigger the on INPUT-events when you enter a command starting with "/!" in an editbox. That's fine of course... but this also happens when the user presses ctrl+enter. As a result, the typed command is sent directly, as text message, to the current window, including the "/!" bit. And this in turn screws up my script's alternative output when I'm trying to, for example, tell a user how to type "/!remote off".

I also fail to see any practical purposes of this behaviour...if you'd want to omit your input triggers, you'd use something like /!say, and not /!text and ctrl+enter because that would include the "/!" bit in the message.

It's pretty much a detail, I know, but it'd be nice if it were fixed...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Unless Khaled changes it in 6.03, pressing Ctrl+Enter still triggers On Input, and even sets the $ctrlenter identifier to $true. /help $ctrlenter

I also wasn't aware that the ! command prefix prevented On Input from triggering either. None of my scripts have ever displayed symptoms of that... but then again, I'm still using 6.00 and refuse to update until 6.04/6.10

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
R
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
R
I'm not sure you understood what I mean (that's what I get for not writing clearly). The issue is not that ctrl+enter doesn't trigger on INPUT (I know it does), the issue is also not that /! commands don't trigger on INPUT (that's a good thing: you don't want 'evil' scripts to intercept a "/!remote off"), the issue is that /!commands combined with ctrl+enter will not trigger on INPUT...

eg.

on *:INPUT:*:echo -a triggered!

Type /test and press ctrl+enter. "triggered!" will be displayed, and "/test" will be sent to the current window.
Type /!test and press enter. You will get no "triggered!" and the usual "TEST unknown command".
Now type /!test and press ctrl+enter. You will still get no "triggered!", and "/!test" will be sent to the window as text. That's the problem.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Yep, that's gotta be a bug.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hmm, interesting. I don't have any of these problems in v6.00, so it must be a recent bug (among the many keeping me from 6.03)

All 3 methods trigger On Input for me:
/!command
anything (ctrl+enter)
/!command (ctrl+enter)

On another note, since you mentioned /!remote off... thats why I recommend people hold ctrl+scrllock down while they type /!remote off, or follow the instructions on this page if they're not that flexable with their hands.

- Raccoon

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Perhaps someone should learn to read the versions.txt:

23.The on INPUT event is no longer triggered for commands that use the ! command prefix. (6.02)

But in any case I'd agree that ctrl+enter should trigger ON INPUT even when it is prefixed with a ! since it should be treated as plain text.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
* Raccoon is perfectly aware of the versions.txt entry, and was refering to the bug which didn't exist in earlier versions.

* Raccoon tries not to think of how many bugs exist if you try changing your Command Prefix to . ! $ % | or the like.

Link Copied to Clipboard