mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Whenever I try to connec t to the default server after installing mIRC I always get the same message.

* Connecting to irc.dal.net (6661)
-
* Cancelled connect
-
* Connecting to irc.dal.net (6663)
-
* Cancelled connect
-
* Connecting to irc.dal.net (6666)

does anyoone know how to solve this problem?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
irc.dal.net is a Random Server selector for Dalnet.
Unfortunately, Dalnet has been under heavy attack for months now, on and off, and has nearly desolved entirely.

You can connect to the servers that do remain, but the Random Server address has been disabled.

Try here for a list of Dalnet servers.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
I tried to connect to a different server and this is what I got

* Connecting to us.rr.efnet.net (6667)
-
* Unable to resolve server

I think there is something wrong with my pc because when I type in theses boxes it lags the typing for some reason its been happening for a while on other websites as well such as serach boxes and insert text boxes

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
It has nothing to do with your PC, the problem is you are trying to connect to addresses that don't exist.
Try kernel.dal.net

D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
nothing seems to connect it doesnt find hostname or nothing it just doesnt connect

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Are you using a firewall/router?

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
D
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
D
Yeah I'm using a router it's probably behind a firewall too how do I fix this problem?

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I don't use a router so I don't know. However, this sort of problem has been answered several times on the forums. Use the search feature, using 'router' as your search term, set it to all dates, all forums (to give a better result).

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
darknums: if you wanted help ASAP, you might have taken the time to look thru the connection area of this forum or done a search, since what you are asking has been asked and explained a ton of times. irc.dal.net will not resolve correctly, and often neither will Efnet's random server. You can find a list of DALnet servers at www.dal.net and a list of Efnets at www.efnet.org. Pick one, close the connect dialog, and in the main mIRC window type /server put.the.serverstuff.hereas you see it on those sites.

Unable to resolve (as explained a bazillion times) means either the server doesnt exist, is down, you didnt type it right, etc or you/your isp is having a dns problem. For the later prob, try /server put.the.ip.here. (ip is numbers vs the alpha which is the domain). you can see both for DALnet at http://edk.dyndns.org/servers/

Raccoon: DALnet has NOT "nearly disolved entirely", its alive and well :tongue:

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Raccoon: DALnet has NOT "nearly disolved entirely", its alive and well :tongue:

Hrm.. well a raccoon can dream, can't he? It came pretty close many times anyway, but so has EFNet. There's a point when enough servers and admins leave a network, when it's simply not the same network anymore... though it may carry the same name.

Would be interesting to compile a timeline showing servers joining and leaving and which ones held on in the thick of it, keeping the flame lit.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Yup, you're right DALnet isn't the same network (thankfully). DALnet used to be the network of choice for script kiddies, file traders, and general all around idiots. Luckily the changes in DALnet's AUP have gotten rid of most of those people.

Link Copied to Clipboard